Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few Tigers have asked about bowl tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,425

A few Tigers have asked about bowl tickets

Nov 6, 2018, 2:57 PM

Here is a ticket broker's opinion:

ACCC - Will keep going down as the ACC has tens of thousands to sell and they are anti-broker so they will hope Clemson buys them all at face.

Orange Bowl - If Clemson plays ND or Michigan, I expect for the price to stay at or above face. After the Clemson/Oklahoma game, the Orange sold their soul to a ticket broker in Baltimore and that broker now controls about 30,000 tickets. So, they keep prices from falling too much. The last two Orange Bowl games have stayed above face until the last day or two before the game. Price-fixing works.

National Championship - Wait, wait, and more wait. Should be way under face the day of the game unless playing ND or Michigan. Clemson will have a very tough time selling their allotment and Alabama has no chance of selling theirs. The playoff committee has cut a deal with a big broker out of Boca Raton that knows nothing about college football. (Same broker also had a deal with the Sugar Bowl last year which is why the price kept falling.)

My daughter makes her first college visit to Clemson on November 19th. Her top five are GT, Clemson, UNC, UCLA, and Vandy. She is a hot commodity. lol

Go Tigers and Jackets!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few Tigers have asked about bowl tickets

Nov 6, 2018, 3:25 PM

Not sure I agree with much of that. ACC tickets may keep going up once teams clinch, especially if it's a team in the coastal that hasn't played in the game before. Alabama always sells their allotment, regardless of where the game is, and Clemson has as well the past 2 Natties.

If we play out in Santa Clara, upper level tickets may drop below face (unless playing Notre Dame and Michigan) but lower level will never go below face.

Arizona tickets were practically free vs Alabama***

Nov 6, 2018, 4:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question regarding National Championship

Nov 6, 2018, 3:36 PM

What is your logic / thought processes on 1) Clemson and Bama not selling all of their allotment and 2) tickets being way under face value?

I was in PHX in 2016 and Tampa in 2017. PHX dropped a little below face value and good tickets could be had for under $1000. But, Tampa was a nightmare. Tickets kept going up even after kickoff. You were not getting in that stadium for less than $1700.

Do you think there's just general financial fatigue from Bama and Clemson fans having to travel for championship games and bowl games every year? Or does the location play the bigger factor?

Tampa prices were b/c both teams were in driving distance

Nov 6, 2018, 3:54 PM

I know a good many people who went because it was in driving distance that would not have gone otherwise (myself included). I imagine it was the same deal with a lot of Bama fans. I drove down the day of the game, and got up and drove home the next morning. If it had been on the west coast and involved a flight, no way I would have gone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we get an update Amy? Thanks!***

Dec 3, 2018, 9:27 AM

Re: A few Tigers have asked about bowl tickets

Dec 3, 2018, 9:39 AM

I just got off the phone with Clemson ticket office. Clemson has already sold out of cotton bowl and national championship tickets.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,425
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic