Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A different twist on Conference Championship games.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,151

A different twist on Conference Championship games.

Dec 5, 2018, 1:59 PM

1) Keep the two division structure as is.

2) Keep the 11th game of the season blank at the start of the season. This is now referred to as Cupcake Weekend.

3) On this 11th game, First place in each division plays Second Place team in opposite division. This will make being first in the division during the regular season mean something, and also should give two teams another "quality" win. (The lower teams would matchup 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, etc on this same weekend, for their 11th game. Higher ranked team in each case would get to play at home. This would lead in some cases to eight home games, in some cases only six. Teams and their fans SHOULD be rewarded for good play!)

4) Following the season, the two highest ranked teams, regardless of division, play for the conference title. This has been proposed by others, but to my knowledge, no one has proposed a "flex" schedule for the earlier games to try and assure that the best two teams enhance their resume. (In the case of a perennially mediocre team like the Coots, it would give them a chance at that much needed 6th win in Week 11, vs a similarly weak team, before they get smoked against us in Week 12. :) )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A different twist on Conference Championship games.

Dec 5, 2018, 4:07 PM

Well one thing that would hurt is say we played the second ranked team in the Coastal Division during the 8th or 9th weekend at home. Then you turn around and play them again. I'm sure some folks won't make the drive back up to see a game they just saw.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,151
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic