Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Over the next two years, if Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Over the next two years, if Trevor Lawrence

Jan 15, 2019, 3:58 PM

wins two Heisman trophies, will the people of tnet still claim it is a complete sham of an award? TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

A Super-Size sham

Jan 15, 2019, 3:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Why do you say that?***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Over the next two years, if Trevor Lawrence

Jan 15, 2019, 4:00 PM

I’ll be happy he has 2. Doesn’t change the fact the award has lost its purpose based on its own mission statement. I think the problem is either change the mission statement or follow it, what they’ve been doing is neither.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will always think that DW should’ve been awarded it.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:02 PM

That will never change.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will always think that DW should’ve been awarded it.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:03 PM

DW was the best player in college football that year. He also happened to be one of the best people that did things the right way. The Heisman voters who sent their votes in 3 weeks early did the whole trust a disservice.

Jan 16, 2019, 1:53 AM

CJ Spiller should've gotten it one year too I'm.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 1:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I will always think that DW should’ve been awarded it. ]

CJ Spiller should've gotten it one year too imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do I put you down as a "yes" answer then?***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I will always think that DW should’ve been awarded it. ]

I feel like I’m on a witness stand. I don’t think it’s a complete sham so no.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:28 PM

But others do so yes. To be honest I’m not even sure LJ was the worst one to win it. He was phenomenal in his own right at Louisville. I just think DW was the most deserving. I may be biased.

Blind squirrel.***

Jan 15, 2019, 9:11 PM [ in reply to So do I put you down as a "yes" answer then?*** ]

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^THIS^^^

Jan 15, 2019, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I will always think that DW should’ve been awarded it. ]

Until they take it away from Leemar and give it to dw4, it will be a sham.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now you're thinking outside the bun.***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I think they should wait until after the season to award it

Jan 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

DW would've won for sure and Murray wouldn't have won it this year. Performances in major, high stakes games after it has been awarded should and would have some effect on the voters.

Why wouldn't Murray have won it this year?

Jan 15, 2019, 4:13 PM

Also, it was a yes or no question, so what's your answer?

Re: Why wouldn't Murray have won it this year?

Jan 15, 2019, 4:48 PM

remember when you told me to let you know that you are doing that thing? Now is one of those times....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why wouldn't Murray have won it this year?

Jan 15, 2019, 9:12 PM

Mr Potato Head. MR. POTATO HEAD!!!

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He lost to Bama, Trevor beat the brakes off them.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:45 AM [ in reply to Why wouldn't Murray have won it this year? ]

I remember when you were a good poster. No wait, I'm thinking of DSP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Murray still would've won***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to I think they should wait until after the season to award it ]

Who would have taken it from Murray? Tua?***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:52 PM [ in reply to I think they should wait until after the season to award it ]

If he wins one, I'm lovin' it***

Jan 15, 2019, 4:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will think that recently it HAS been a sham, and that now

Jan 15, 2019, 4:13 PM

they've de-shammed it a little.

The voting system is certainly a sham. They should not even

Jan 15, 2019, 4:55 PM

be able to submit a ballot until all the games have been played and the champion crowned. Would it have changed anything this year? Probably not. The more you see of Murray the more you like him. Would DW have one in a after-the-season voting system? I think so.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:59 PM

If you’re not enough without a trophy you’ll never be enough with one.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:27 PM

It would still be a sham BECAUSE TL16 should have won it THIS past season.....Roll Tigers!!!!!!!!!

I think it was a super sized scam, DW never got a fair shake

Jan 15, 2019, 10:30 PM

so to answer your question: Nes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will appreciate him winning but put more stock into

Jan 16, 2019, 1:29 AM

these awards that are announced after the season is completed.
The Heisman needs to not allow access to ballots at least until the final regular season game has been played. You have people turning ballots in with week 11 and week 12 not even played. Makes no sense.

So, yes, my opinion of the Heisman will not change. I'll certainly be glad if we wins, but its not important to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 16, 2019, 2:05 AM

GWPTiger® said:

wins two Heisman trophies, will the people of tnet still claim it is a complete sham of an award? TIA

To me, It might mean a lot to TLaw, but the day they gave that award to Lamar Jackson over Deshaun Watson, they validated peoples claims that it is a meaningless sham of an award. That can not be changed even if they get it right every now and then. Everybody in the Country knew when they saw DW4 play in the Championship, that he was the best player in the Nation that year. How can an award that many vote for the best player in the Country way before the season ends ever be legit? It can't.

Two in a row doesn't vindicate the voters, imo.

Jan 16, 2019, 5:43 AM

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every now and again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic