Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Friendly message to Mods
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

A Friendly message to Mods

Mar 24, 2017, 11:53 PM

I am a long time Tiger Fan. Folks that read my posts, know that I am. I love being able to read storied, post, updates on Tigernet - However, there's only one problem.

For some reason, only on Tigernet, my internet explorer stops working, maybe 3 times in a 45 minute login. Sometimes the ads, start really late and takes a little while to be able to log in.
I have only one window tab open, no other programs running, no updates pending, and running anti-virus software consistently. Basically, I've cleared all my hurdles for a consistent internet connection.

Just wanted to let you all know. I realize that with new members signing up as the yeas go by, the server get's loaded up. Only thing is, often times I login at non-peak times due to my work schedule.
Again, really enjoy Tigernet. Long time fan, not complaining, Just wanted to let you know this was happening to me, and I've seen it posted before recently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Friendly message to Mods

Mar 25, 2017, 12:02 AM

With 'tech' in your handle, I would NOT expect you to be using IE. You might want to start by using a different browser. Not sure about your internet though. To help, I suggest Google for ideas to resolve the problem. I don't think it's t-net. JMO.

Mar 25, 2017, 12:13 AM

Lol. Yes, I am a Tech,just not a PC Tech. However, you are correct. I should have added in my OP that it does happen in different browsers also.I'll double check my PC, and take it to a PC tech if it continues. Enjoy being on Tigernet too much. I read more than I post, I could see if I was posting and transitioning from post to forum, etc. Only on Desktop though, no problems on mobile. Again, I see ads loading slowly, I didn't know if they were in transition on the backend ( server exp) are not.

Google Chrome.

Mar 25, 2017, 12:12 AM

Also, try googling some of your problems. There are simple solutions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Google Chrome.

Mar 25, 2017, 12:20 AM

Cookies turned off, or way down affect what ads can load on my page? I believe that made a huge difference. It wasn't allowing full page to load. Okay, self-admitted error. That's my I started with " Friendly message" needed good guidance and got it, well figured it out anyway to resolve my problem. Glad Tigernet is a helping friendly place to those who try to contribute on here in a positive way. What comes around goes around. Thanks for the help.

Re: Google Chrome.

Mar 25, 2017, 9:45 AM

> Cookies turned off, or way down affect what ads can
> load on my page? I believe that made a huge
> difference. It wasn't allowing full page to load.
> Okay, self-admitted error. That's my I started with "
> Friendly message" needed good guidance and got it,
> well figured it out anyway to resolve my problem.
> Glad Tigernet is a helping friendly place to those
> who try to contribute on here in a positive way. What
> comes around goes around. Thanks for the help.

Most of the problem is aggressive advertising...it's essentially malware since it's jacking your browser and this kind of software is only getting more aggressive.

Get an ad blocker like Stands Fair Ad Blocker extension on top of Chrome and you'll go about 500% faster. I literally cannot endure the Internet without it.

Mar 25, 2017, 12:31 AM

It's all the D a m ads clogging it up, but I don't have that problem anymore!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't believe no one suggested

Mar 25, 2017, 6:37 AM

you donate $$$ to fix the prob

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I do donate and still have the problem

Mar 25, 2017, 10:02 AM

I'll try the ad blocker solution but doesn't the site depend on ads being seen?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't believe no one suggested

Mar 25, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Can't believe no one suggested ]

Doesn't work for me!

Mar 25, 2017, 7:38 AM

Monthly Subscription $6.99/month

Annual Subscription $79.99/year
Square Cash (annual only) http://cash.me/$TigerNet

All Purple and White Level features, plus...
Remove banner ads from every page of TigerNet
Advanced T-Mail (forwarding, multiple recipients, access to sent T-Mails)
Twitter direct message notifications
2017 Orange Donor Logo added to your Member Profile
Watch a user to see and be notified when they post
RSS Feed of any users recent posts

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I installed pop up ad blocker ... took care of the problem.***

Mar 25, 2017, 9:42 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have the same problem!

Mar 25, 2017, 9:59 AM

Seems to only happen when on Tigernet! Certainly happens more often. I have a Mac Pro if that is pertinent.

Very aggravating! I often have to just log out and back on to get a response (very slow loading the next page or "locking up" while attempting to.

What can the problem be with this site?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic