Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Foggy Football Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

A Foggy Football Game

Nov 30, 2018, 7:54 PM

I don't remember the year (too lazy to look it up) most fans though the Tigers were going to the Gator Bowl. My brother, who lived in Jacksonville, called and asked it I wanted him to get tickets. I said "yes" and he was able to get excellent seats. Then a problem arose. The Tigers went to another bowl on a different date so I bought tickets for that game. We decided we would also go to the Gator Bowl since we had good seats and no conflict with our game. Arkansas and North Carolina were the two teams. Soon after the opening kickoff, the fog began rolling in from the St. Johns River. It gradually got thicker and thicker and the only time we could see action on the field was when the action was directly in front of us on our side of the field. The people in the upper levels could see nothing. Finally they put a man with a mike on the sideline who followed the action up and down the field, relaying the action to the fans. And the strange thing, few people left the game early even though they couldn't see the action on the field.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Foggy Football Game

Nov 30, 2018, 7:58 PM

Thankfully it wasnt that bad last week. S.C. would’ve loved to have hidden I’m sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of their receivers hid pretty well from our DBs***

Nov 30, 2018, 8:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 8:01 PM

I think it was when we played W Va the fog rolled in but nothing like you are describing. We could see the field but it was hazy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 30, 2018, 8:04 PM

My first Clemson Bowl game was a FOG bowl in Jacksonville. Clemson vs Stanford...I think '86 or '87.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 8:09 PM

I couldn’t remenber which one, just remember one being foggy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 30, 2018, 8:06 PM

Last Saturday, as our game against scar was getting foggy, I was trying to remember what game in gator bowl was so foggy. I remember trying to watch that game on TV.

Thanks for the recollection on that! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was in 1981.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:19 PM

We drove through Jacksonville on the way to Miami and it was so foggy you could not see 5 feet in front of the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0sCYD0_I0w

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: That was in 1981.

Nov 30, 2018, 9:38 PM

Dang! Nice tattoo at the 54 second mark. And no she’s not somebody’s daughter, she is probably a grandmother by now.

I was there!

Nov 30, 2018, 8:51 PM

It was 1981, we played Nebraska in Miami a few days later. I finished Clemson in August. went to work for a company and was on a long term assignment (turned into five years) in Jacksonville. The guy I was there with was an Auburn grad and a football fan of course like me. We found some tickets and went to the game to have something to do....I remember the punts just disappeared in the fog cloud.

I had some friends from the upstate pick me up on the way to Miami and saw our first Nat'l Championship that same year. Those were some exciting days.

1978 was like that. I couldn't even see what happened

Nov 30, 2018, 9:32 PM

over on OSU's sideline because it was so foggy.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic