Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Better or Worse in 2019: NC State Wolfpack?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Better or Worse in 2019: NC State Wolfpack?

Mar 6, 2019, 2:02 PM

2018 Record: 9-4 (5-3)

After back-to-back 9 win seasons, the Wolfpack have to replace QB Ryan Finley, RB Reggie Gallaspy, WRs Jakobi Meyers & Kelvin Harmon, and OL Tyler Jones (LT), Terronne Prescod (OG), & Garrett Bradbury (center). That's alot of production. The schedule is very manageable, can they gel enough to navigate it? Predictions for the 2019 'Pack?

2019 Schedule

East Carolina
Western Carolina
at West Virginia
Ball State
at Florida State
OPEN DATE
Syracuse
at Boston College
OPEN DATE
at Wake Forest
Clemson
Louisville
at Georgia Tech
North Carolina

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think Clemson will beat them 63-17***

Mar 6, 2019, 2:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

well duh, but can they still win 9 games?***

Mar 6, 2019, 2:07 PM

Best Is The Standard

I think they win 8. But 9 isn't out of the question.

Mar 6, 2019, 2:23 PM

I don't see a path to them winning more than 9.

Wins against ECU, WCU, Balls Deep State, FSU, Wake, Louisville and GT. UNC and BC are toss ups, which will determine 8 or 9 wins.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

They will be worse unless they can pull another QB

Mar 6, 2019, 4:27 PM

out of their rear end like they always seem to do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Better or Worse in 2019: NC State Wolfpack?

Mar 6, 2019, 2:10 PM

I’ll say an unimpressive 9-3 just like last year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 2:10 PM

I can see them anywhere from 6-6 to 10-2.

Depends on how much West VA and Syracuse fall off with QBs leaving.

Also depends on the improvement of FSU, UNC, and Wake.

GA Tech is a wild card. I'm guessing they will be tougher at the end of the year than at the beginning once they get used to their new system.

Honestly, the 3 wins against cupcakes and the loss to Clemson are the only games I feel good about picking.

There is a ton of transition with teams on that schedule.

Mar 6, 2019, 2:12 PM

I believe they will defeat East Carolina, Western Carolina, Ball State, Open Date I and Open Date II. I don't know about the others.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The usual.

Mar 6, 2019, 2:13 PM

Inconsistent and mediocre.

as long as they have dirty dave as hfc they will always

Mar 6, 2019, 2:28 PM

suck.

its possible for them to win 9 games but not against us.

9-3, maybe 8-4***

Mar 6, 2019, 2:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 6, 2019, 3:07 PM

They will be 7-0 or 6-1 and then drop the last 5.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 3:22 PM

Well Doeren is meeting "NC STATE" expectations. Normally NC State Coaches last 6-7 years, post a couple of better 8-9 win seasons and then get axed for a 7-5 season. So with an unknown team next season, not sure where he will be. Collecting a buy-out or facing the same results. My guess is the hot seat and if he makes it to 8+ wins, then there is some COY talk. He is losing a LOT. The only good thing for him is that UofL, FSU, UNCheat, anf GT will be rebuilding... or a dumpster free-shoe fires. So there are 4 "EASY" ACC wins, and then 3-1 OOC and then you are at 7, not including Wake and Duke. Ls to Clemson, Cuse, BC.

He is exactly average for an NC State coach in the last 35 years. ironically, fewer ACC wins but more OOC wins. Sheridan gets a pass as I think his departure from NC State was unfortunate.

1986–92 #### Sheridan 31–18–1 52–29–3 .637
1993–99 Mike O'Cain 26–30–0 41–40–0 .506
2000–06 Chuck Amato 25–31–0 49–37–0 .570
2007–12 Tom O'Brien 22–26–0 40–35–0 .533
2013–18 Dave Doeren 20–28–0 43–34–0 .558

7-5 and nobody cares.***

Mar 6, 2019, 4:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

7-5

Mar 6, 2019, 4:24 PM

They lost the guys you mentioned but also their OC and their amazing Offensive Line coach. Their defense is not as strong as it was 2 years ago. They are hoping their freshman class while impressive (especially D-line recruits) can contribute out the gate.

losses:

West Virginia: first true out of conference road game they've played in a very long time.

Florida St: I don't think FSU is back by any means, but they do have better athletes and the game will be at FSU.

Syracuse: I almost gave the wolfpack a win here, but I think Syracuse offense will give NCSU secondary problems.

Boston College: I think BC has a good season...

Clemson: If we ish the bed here then i'll be very disappointed. I know we have had our struggles in Raleigh in the past, but our offense should not be a problem. and i'm not sure NCSU offense will be able to keep up.

Mar 6, 2019, 4:36 PM

With that schedule like this year they will look better than they are . When they play a decent team they will lose . As far as playing us it will not be a ball game we win, what will it be 14 out of 15

Worse.. pretty emphatically worse.***

Mar 6, 2019, 4:49 PM

I would guess worse given loses, but don't remember how they

Mar 6, 2019, 5:09 PM

did last year!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic