Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
63% of illegals in California are on welfare
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 795

63% of illegals in California are on welfare

Feb 15, 2019, 2:51 PM

Sucking off the gubmint tiddies...

Per OAN network

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 63% of illegals in California are on welfare

Feb 15, 2019, 2:54 PM

Also a little known fact is that Ca. Uses 33% of all federal welfare monies.

Feb 15, 2019, 4:17 PM

Only due to the large population. Per person they are the 11th lowest state. They also pay more in federal taxes than they receive back.

Please fill out a big gap in your (and Balm's) reply

Feb 16, 2019, 12:54 PM

You say "they" pay more than "they" take from the federal government.
Who exactly is this "They".

1) Households headed by illegal aliens?
2) All alien headed households?
3) The entire population of Ca?

If the answer is 1, then you likely have a point. Otherwise, the expense for the rest of the demographics is worth the question posed by the original poster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now another question. Lets think about per capita welfare spending. How much per individual instead of the gross amount. A large population would affect total spending rankings whereas per capita would not.
https://www.gobankingrates.com/making-money/economy/states-spend-least-amount-welfare/
1) New York - About as blue as you can get
2) Alaska - Red
3) Mass - Blue
4) Vermont - Blue
5) Minnesota - Blue
6) New Mexico - Blue
7) Delaware - Blue
8) Maine - Blue
9) Oregon - Blue
10) Kentucky - Red
Lets see... that is 8 of the top ten being blue states... not red. Sorry, but not seeing Balm's point about Red states.
This is not cherry picking any area of the country like Balm is. This is the nation.
--------------------------------------------------
Let me make it clear that I am no Trump supporter. Not by a long shot mainly (but not only) because of how the tariff crap affected my wife's company along with many others.
However, I am a fan of representing facts truthfully.

Feb 16, 2019, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: 63% of illegals in California are on welfare ]

they also pay more in federal taxes than they take in from the government, unlike red states in the south that take in about 150% of what they pay back.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof?

Feb 16, 2019, 3:56 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Feb 15, 2019, 2:57 PM

Well, maybe they wouldn't be so bad if we didn't allow that? Maybe we should start there instead of a wall. We are begging them to come here illegally. Why wouldn't they try?

That's weak...

Feb 16, 2019, 4:00 PM

-Doc

Re: That's weak...

Feb 16, 2019, 6:45 PM

Kind of true though. This is one time you know you agree.

No, I do not agree.

Feb 17, 2019, 7:54 AM

Only you believe that cause/effect foolishness.

-Doc

Re: No, I do not agree.

Feb 17, 2019, 7:59 AM

Yeah you do.

I'm for solutions

Feb 17, 2019, 2:02 PM

Not a third grader playground argument. Have you anything other than Liberalbitching and no solutions?

Com'n, let's hear your solution(s). How they will be implemented and how they will in infallibly succesful.

-Doc

Re: I'm for solutions

Feb 18, 2019, 9:51 AM

I gave you part of the solution,. I said we should not give welfare to illegals. You don't think that is an incentive for them to want to get to the US? We need to get rid of most of the incentives for them to want to come here illegally. I think that would do way more than a wall. I think they will get through the wall. I am not opposed to the wall, but I think getting rid of incentives would do more.

Feb 15, 2019, 2:58 PM

Illegals or immigrant households in general?

What does it define as welfare?

Does it include a case where an immigrant's citizen child receives some type of benefit?

Feb 16, 2019, 12:12 PM

it is free school lunches, but begaline would have you believe they are receiving welfare checks and abusing the system. and at the end of the day, California is a net giver to the economy in that they take in less than they pay in taxes, so really any argument that they are abusing public funds is utter nonsense.

That's actually a completely inaccurate interpretation

Feb 16, 2019, 1:53 PM

of the data, but carry on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

California net giver to the economy.

Feb 16, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: 63% of illegals in California are on welfare ]

ROTFLMMFAO. California is broke, you idiot!

-Doc

Re: California net giver to the economy.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:15 PM

They run a 30 billion dollar surplus statewide, and only take 72 cents on every dollar they pay in taxes at the federal level.. You are fully capable of looking this up.

Not when you, Flower, are a fully proven bs'er

Feb 17, 2019, 7:25 AM

California's assets are insufficient to pay its liabilities. So, why can't its surplus rid it of being insolvent, Flower? Cali pays pensions, health care robbing from transportation funds. WHY?

It's far too liberal. And it's being run by a retread of the same ilk.

-Doc

^^Toogie, did you spawn this?

Feb 16, 2019, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: 63% of illegals in California are on welfare ]

-Doc

Dig deeper than OAN, a Charles Herring

Feb 15, 2019, 3:03 PM

Pro-Trump Network and News.

Satisfied, smart-***?

Feb 15, 2019, 3:12 PM

https://cis.org/Report/63-NonCitizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs

So you cite cis.org? LMAO

Feb 15, 2019, 4:55 PM

An organization owned by John Tanton

John Tanton believes maintaining an American culture requires “a European-American majority,” and according to the Southern Poverty Law Center he is a prominent figure in the white-nationalist movement.

Also, a pro-eugenics guy, founded the Society for Genetic Education.

What a doozy, I bet foxnews probably employs him somewhere too.

C'mon, man. You can do better.

This is fun.........is this where I point out

Feb 16, 2019, 1:01 PM

what a biased, hack organization the SPLC is, citing a source that you then discredit, and we ultimately manage to avoid any real discussion of the topic at hand?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dig deeper than OAN, a Charles Herring

Feb 15, 2019, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Dig deeper than OAN, a Charles Herring ]

99% of the "news" media is Anti-Trump

Re: Dig deeper than OAN, a Charles Herring

Feb 15, 2019, 3:23 PM

He seems like such a great guy. I wonder why? Mexico is paying for our wall now. The media is nuts. Trump is awesome. Nobody has better words or manners. He calls our intelligence agencies idiots. He sides with Russians over our own country. He tells the world that we are as bad as the Russians and we like killing too. He sided with white supremacists. What is not to like? Why wouldn't the media love him? He is a real gem. That's not even scratching the surface.

You forgot "Hitler" and "Fascist"

Feb 15, 2019, 3:31 PM

HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dig deeper than OAN, a Charles Herring***

Feb 15, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Dig deeper than OAN, a Charles Herring ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is part of the problem......

Feb 16, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Dig deeper than OAN, a Charles Herring ]

Trump gives people ample ammo to attack him honestly if they want to, but the distortion and hyperbole just blows most Trump detractor's credibility. I'll just focus on one of the things you mention----"sided with white supremacists". Nope, not even close.....here are the comments he made (however inarticulately) that keep getting bastardized to show he's some white nationalist:

"TRUMP: George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So, will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me -- are we going to take down -- are we going to take down statues to George Washington?

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: OK. Good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue? So you know what? It's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture. And you had people, and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You've got -- you had a lot of bad -- you had a lot of bad people in the other group…"

The next reporter actually immediately began the spin cycle by twisting what Trump said into this 180 interpretation with their follow-up question: "QUESTION: ... treated unfairly (inaudible) you were saying. You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly? (inaudible) understand what you're saying."

To anyone being intellectually honest, it would be clear that he was stumbling his way through saying basically that the neo-nazis and white supremacists suck, and so do the violent Antifa protesters, and that behind the emotion, there's some legitimate debate about the legitimacy of wallpapering over history you don't like.

It takes some world-class confirmation bias to think that, realistically, a sitting President would get up in front of the press and say "You know, I think some Neo-Nazis are really great people", and yet here we are.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:22 PM

OAN is a good source, so is Newsmax. That is, if you prefer sourced facts.

Do you just enjoy being triggered by convincing yourself of these fantasies

Feb 16, 2019, 11:56 AM

?

No, he just likes making you Libbers

Feb 16, 2019, 4:03 PM

dance, whine, scramble for a feeble retort.

-Doc

Perhaps we should look at raising the minimum wage to a

Feb 17, 2019, 10:53 PM

level where people can work full time then, and not have to rely on gubmint tiddies to supplement the fruits of their current labor to live and survive here.

I don't even dispute that OAN number, as "illegals" fill many of the lowest skilled, lowest paying jobs out there, so it wouldn't be surprising at all that taxpayers are subsidizing their employers labor costs at that level.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 795
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic