Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 351

Mar 27, 2019, 1:45 PM

That's the number of asylum seekers who showed up at our southern border Monday. Y'all good with a million per year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple things:

Mar 27, 2019, 1:55 PM

1. if they're legitimate asylum seekers, then of course. If you're against it, you should reevaluate your priorities and move human compassion up a few spaces. Obviously, determining asylum status will require more resources and dollars. I'm also ok with this.

2. 4,100 is a single day snapshot. Weird way to extrapolate an annual figure for illegal border jumpers and asylum seekers, when it's never been close to the million figure you're postulating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know you respect statistics.

Mar 27, 2019, 2:13 PM

Respect this.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/30/immigrant-share-in-u-s-nears-record-high-but-remains-below-that-of-many-other-countries/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I supposed to find that alarming or bad in some way?

Mar 27, 2019, 2:37 PM

Because I don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do because I can see the results of all this cheap...

Mar 28, 2019, 8:57 AM

low wage labor. I see our welfare rolls increasing with massive numbers of people who don't have skills to support themselves and our medical facilities taxed by folks who can't pay their bills. This isn't a lack of compassionate for Mexicans and So. Americans. It's a super compassionate attitude toward America's poor.

This cheap unskilled labor is a brutal beating for American who work unskilled jobs. Not only does it keep their wages low it taxes the resources that they depend on to live a decent life.

Perhaps you haven't considered that, perhaps you think economics of supply and demand don't apply to labor, I'd refer you to Clemson's Labor and Economics professors for the charts. Maybe it's just that you care more about the political advantage of having a steady influx of dem voters to support your favorite candidate so the country can be run your way. I'm not accusing but I'd like to know.

Your position indicates adopting 4k immigrants/day is more important than the poor Mexicans, blacks and whites who are part of our family.

Immigrants can't vote until they become citizens.

Mar 28, 2019, 9:31 AM

You seem to have a low opinion of immigrants to believe they are all worthless and unskilled. Are they all Mexican? Because I know many who aren't. I also know many who aren't unskilled. You've made a lot of generalizations from those numbers.

Also, the overwhelming majority of us come from immigrants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, noooooooooooooo!!

Mar 27, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to I know you respect statistics. ]

Dang ferners is a takin' over. Granny git my gun!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing to see here...everything's fine on the border***

Mar 27, 2019, 2:00 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: 4100.

Mar 27, 2019, 2:25 PM

Republicans used to say that they were fine with people coming if they did it legally. We knew it was a lie all along, but it's nice when you do stuff like this to really put it out there.

Republicans: We aren't against Immigration, we just

Mar 27, 2019, 2:54 PM

want them to do it legally.

Brown People: *files asylum paperwork*

Republicans: Image result for pikachu meme

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You know there's a difference between seeking asylum, and

Mar 28, 2019, 9:25 AM

becoming a citizen, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Look, we're not racist, but please,

Mar 27, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: 4100. ]

only people from non-shithole countries."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"we" knew it?

Mar 28, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: 4100. ]

Oh yeah..I forgot you're a liberal, so you're so much smarter than everyone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 351
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic