Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
4* TE Derick Hunter seems to be a troubled HS Player in that he committed to Noles..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

4* TE Derick Hunter seems to be a troubled HS Player in that he committed to Noles..

Sep 20, 2018, 12:23 PM

then pulled away..and is back looking at Clemson & 4 more big boys..after leaving DaBO’s summer camp not long ago and shunned us.

Asking..why did he commit days after visiting us to FSU..now pull away totally & not even list them in Top 5 group?

Is Willie Taggart that bad of a coach NOW?

Is this young man confused as any might?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4* TE Derick Hunter seems to be a troubled HS Player in that he committed to Noles..

Sep 20, 2018, 12:31 PM

Would YOU want to play for Taggart after his early showing? Not me, as I have seen nothing yet that impresses me. Playing for Taggart prety much kills any hopes of making the NFL unless he gets his act together overnight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4* TE Derick Hunter seems to be a troubled HS Player in that he committed to Noles..

Sep 20, 2018, 12:32 PM

He’s a DT. Saw an interview where he lost he parents/guardians recently. He’s a young man with a lot on his plate at a very young age. I’m hoping he chooses Clemson because I think Dabo and company have so much to offer a kid like him on and off the field.

Sep 20, 2018, 1:24 PM

Hunter needs to be treated like any other interested recruit. Quit the negative comments, especially in light of his family situation.

Go Tigers ??!!

Sep 20, 2018, 5:07 PM

Here’s the link where he discusses some of the personal tragedies he’s had to endure. Seems like a good kid with a lot on his plate. Probably explains the decommitments.

Link :
https://theclemsoninsider.com/2018/08/22/cant-miss-interview-tigers-still-a-player-for-fsu-commit-struggling-with-decision/

Sep 20, 2018, 5:35 PM

Thanks for that link but since that site changed its video format I've been unable to open any of their video clips.

Sep 20, 2018, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: 4* TE Derick Hunter seems to be a troubled HS Player in that he committed to Noles.. ]

Not everyone has the benefit of good guidance. Wouldn't be surprised to find that many young athletes with NFL potential have folks with less than good intentions trying to influence them. He would benefit from being in the Clemson environment.

It's funny actually, before the season what we heard was

Sep 20, 2018, 12:36 PM

"don't forget FSU still has tons of talent and now they have Willie Taggart breathing new life into the program, they will contend with Clemson for the ACC"

After an awful start we started to hear "It's going to take time, but Willie Taggart is a great recruiter and he will bring FSU back"

With the great recruiter is losing great recruits, what they say now?

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 20, 2018, 12:46 PM

Not sure what's going on with this kid.

He committed to Miami, then decommitted.

He committed to FSU, then decomitted.

They'll likely take a long hard look at him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2018, 4:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 20, 2018, 6:40 PM

don't think it is fair at all to call the kid "troubled". he's had some well documented tough situations and seems to be working hard to overcome some circumstances beyond his control. he might he g man who would flourish in our culture.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic