Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tomorrow we’ll find out if our OL can give us a running game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Tomorrow we’ll find out if our OL can give us a running game

Sep 28, 2018, 11:47 PM

Without the QB run. We can’t afford to run TL16 on the zone read now and our OL has not shown it can produce a consistent running game without the QB run in a long time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They ran the ball last week without the running QB.***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:49 PM

Re: They ran the ball last week without the running QB.***

Sep 28, 2018, 11:57 PM

I guess you didn’t understand my point, we can’t run RPO’s anymore. TL16 touchdown pass to J. Ross was an RPO. I wasn’t implying TL16 isn’t a running QB, I’m implying no defense is to honor the run because we can’t afford to lose him

Sep 29, 2018, 12:02 AM

“We can’t run rpos anymore” Wrong. The play last week was a run call with a running back, Trevor saw the coverage and checked out and hit wide open Ross. That is what a rpo is

Sep 29, 2018, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Re: They ran the ball last week without the running QB.*** ]

If you are trying to say we won’t be seeing much zone read yes you are right

Sep 29, 2018, 12:12 AM

Yes, that is what I’m saying. The QB has been our short yardage running game all the way back to TB10.

Sep 29, 2018, 12:15 AM

Clemson rb’s have been more successful with TL so far this year. Teams just didn’t respect Kelly’s arm and stacked the box. I think the running game will be fine

Sep 29, 2018, 12:22 AM

I hope your right, because we can’t lose TL16 and win out.

Re: Tomorrow we’ll find out if our OL can give us a running game

Sep 28, 2018, 11:58 PM

For cryin' out loud, knock it off. These OL have been winning weekly awards and conference honors, but 5 guys can't block 7 in the box with twin safetys coming downhill at the snap.

Tomorrow you'll learn that the running--sorry, i meant NON-THROWING--QB was the problem with the running game.

Sep 29, 2018, 12:03 AM

We couldn’t run it when DW4 was here either without the QB run.

Sep 29, 2018, 8:50 AM

Wayne Gallman says hello.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Tomorrow we’ll find out if our OL can give us a running game ]

Just saw your follow up, so i get your point.

But TL ran a lot in HS without getting injured. Until NC St, i doubt any of our foes will cheap shot him...I'm guessing they use the RPO sparingly, which might make it even more effective.

Remember when DW4 was coming back from the ACL injury? They wouldn't let him run the ball until the ND game, and he was very effective.

All the more readon to get Chase ready quickly.

Sep 29, 2018, 12:17 AM

My biggest concern is TL16 doesn’t wear rib pads and at 6’6”, he’s a big target.

Sep 29, 2018, 12:23 AM

Yes he does. He just didn’t in the spring game and people made a big deal about it even with no hitting the qb

Sep 29, 2018, 12:35 AM

I think Cuse needs to load the box to stop our run and if they do load the box Trevor will fillet them. Cuse is gonna have to disguise what they’re doing. If they can disguise it and fool our new guy, then they’ll have a chance. If they can’t fool Trevor, he’ll smok’em.

36 rushes for 248 yards and 2 touchdowns last week.

Sep 29, 2018, 8:14 AM

We already know the answer to that question.

If you can't throw the ball over their heads, they are going to crowd the box so nobody can run it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMHO you will be pleasantly surprised to see less RPO

Sep 29, 2018, 9:03 AM

and more successful play action. TL will not need the deception or a player open by 5 yards to put in on the money. In addition, the safeties will be out of the box very soon once opposing Defenses are burned multiple times. Many KB running plays resulted from the first option being covered and KB taking off with a run. Once TL reviews at 2-3 options, he will toss out on bounds knowing he can hit can hot a 10 yard play any down with the flick of a wrist. TL make some mistakes and will needs a few games to build chemistry then the sky is the limit once timing patterns with Tee, Amari, Hunter and others become second nature. Looking forward to a show today. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just because you’re scared of TL

Sep 29, 2018, 9:12 AM

getting hurt doesn’t mean the coaches are going to coach scared. They can’t and won’t. If the play calling is different it’s because of what Trevor brings to the table and how the defense defends. Our QB situation 1-2 is the best it’s been in a long time. 2015 and 2016 would have been a disaster had DW gone down. The coaches didn’t worry about that. They called plays they thought would work and win football games.

Sep 29, 2018, 9:48 AM

Actually having a vertical passing game will free Travis and open up other things. Our offense will explode today. We have STUD WRs, they just need someone to get them the ball. We have that now.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic