Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC vs. ACC recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

SEC vs. ACC recruiting

Feb 7, 2019, 9:43 AM

Clemson is the top ranked class in the ACC at 10th. The SEC has five teams ranked ahead of us, with four in the top 5. They have eleven total in the top 25.

The ACC meanwhile has a grand total of TWO teams in the top 25. This is going by 247 composite which are the only rankings that matter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen my pencil?

Feb 7, 2019, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

FYI Pluto is not a planet anymore HTH***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:53 AM

Re: FYI Pluto is not a planet anymore HTH***

Feb 7, 2019, 10:32 AM

Actually it was reclassified again...now considered a dwarf planet.
https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/dwarf-planets/pluto/overview/

Son of a ...can't trust science***

Feb 7, 2019, 11:01 AM

Found It!

Feb 7, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Have you seen my pencil? ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Have you seen my pencil?

Feb 7, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Have you seen my pencil? ]

Looks like the garnet one is true north on uranus

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC vs. ACC recruiting

Feb 7, 2019, 9:47 AM

Also FSU is about to fall off the map. They were a fixture in the top 5 of the recruiting rankings until they let Jimbo go. Now look what he's doing at Texas A&M.

Smh....

Feb 7, 2019, 10:42 AM

Jimbo left a steaming pile in Tally before he left. I don't know if Willie Taggart is the answer, but the ship was sinking long before he got on board.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:47 AM

5EC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Feb 7, 2019, 9:49 AM

Wow that stinks. Thanks for pointing that out... we will probably lose our playoff semifinal and national championship by 4 TDs. Oh wait, that was the SEC team that happened too? My bad.

I know JHOP you probably don’t understand recruiting for obvious reasons, but I’ll state it again this year wasn’t a great year for talent. This means no great QBs like a DJ or can’t miss DE like a Bresee (that includes Hillinksi).

So we took some developmental prospects with big ceilings. Wait for 2020 and come back with your next excuse for why we keep handing the night SEC more beat downs.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:50 AM

All the talent went to the SEC it looks like. The freaking coots are ahead of 12 teams in the ACC.

Sounds like your coot conference is raking in the talent. Congrats

#ItJustMeansMore

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And the coots are still losing to Virginia 28-0 in a bowl game

Feb 7, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC vs. ACC recruiting ]

The “talent” has been going to the SEC for years. SMH

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC vs. ACC recruiting ]

Again what ever will we do? Come on man at least do a better job of pretending to be a Clemson fan.

Question... with this recruiting class when is the next time you think U of S.C. beats us?

Follow up... when we land DJU next year when’s the next time any of your SEC beats us again. Your 1 team league is behind Clemson (the only team I care about) right now. All that 2019 talent isn’t elite. For elite check 2018 and 2020. We will be fine.

3 nattys since coots won a conference title

Feb 7, 2019, 9:52 AM

ACC 1969....enjoy your 50th anniversary celebration. I understand 75 years is the next milestone.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The talking heads will keep talking about how great the SEC is (recruiting, coaches, polls, etc) but the only one that matters is at the end of the season .......Clemson has won it 2 out of the past 3 seasons.......it will be decided on the field again next season and not by all these so called experts.......bring it on .....Go Tigers!!!!!!

Rankings and stars are going to always

Feb 7, 2019, 10:58 AM

Be biased towards the schools with the biggest fan suppor as subscription and $s drive these “fan” journalists that follow those programs with that type of attention. That will never change. While there is a level of bias at every turn largely fueled by a increasingly bias media, the NFL weeds out a good chunk not all of that bias. Not really concerned about the level of talent in a league that has 228 NFL players ........

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2018-09-11/colleges-most-represented-2018-nfl-rosters?amp

Feb 7, 2019, 9:55 AM

If only there were SOME way we could measure the strength of our football program against those SEC powerhouses! Sigh. Against we'll never know how we measure up against the likes of Alabama.

Hey . . . wait a minute! Didn't SOMETHING happen one month ago today???

All top QB's & WR's belong to us...that is all we need***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:55 AM

Feb 7, 2019, 9:56 AM

US. NOW THERE IS A KNEESLAPPER.

Jhop83®

SEC vs. ACC recruiting
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 9:43 AM

Clemson is the top ranked class in the ACC at 10th. The SEC has five teams ranked ahead of us, with four in the top 5. They have eleven total in the top 25.

The ACC meanwhile has a grand total of TWO teams in the top 25. This is going by 247 composite which are the only rankings that matter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

44-16

Feb 7, 2019, 10:05 AM

How did this score reflect recent "recruiting rankings" ?

Feb 7, 2019, 10:05 AM

Recruiting is why the ACC is arguably the worst Power 5 conference, while the SEC is the best. It's clear that they are the most talented. Clemson is carrying the talent level of the ACC. FSU and Miami have talent. The rest are pretty bad though.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:10 AM

Good thing I’m a Clemson fan and not an ACC fan. Those “average” teams seemed to prepare us just fine.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:42 AM

I am the same way, I don't really care about the success of the conference. But, the ACC has potential. Georgia Tech is in Atlanta. Miami and Florida State are in Florida. North Carolina and NC State could be good. Virginia and Virginia Tech could be good. I don't Boston College, Syracuse, Pitt, Duke, or Wake will ever be consistently good. Terrible facilities, small stadiums, and bad locations.

But, I wouldn't mind seeing FSU, Miami, GT, UNC, UVA, VT, UL, and NC State being consistently good. They all have the potential to be. It would make the games more exciting for sure.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:06 AM

FSU is the most likely "good" team in the ACC, followed by VT.

UNC has the potential be good, but they've underachieved in football for years. Same with NC State. The State of NC's problems are too many football programs in too small a state.

Wake is barely a Power 5 school.

Duke is happy with 6-7 wins, a mediocre bowl game, and waiting for basketball season.

GT is in a prime location, but doesn't have a large fanbase, does have high academic standards, and the competition is brutal. If they get the right coach, they could be the Stanford of the ACC.

UVA is another school with a small fanbase and high academic standards. Still, the Tidewater should be prime recruiting ground for them.

BC and Syracuse aren't the best locations, but don't have much local competition. Pitt has better facilities (shared with the Steelers), but more competition. Coaches will make a big difference here.

Miami is a small private school that somehow won 5 National Championships. But South Florida is loaded with talent. If FSU or UF are down, Miami can capitalize.

UL has the potential to be good, but not necessarily the potential to be great. I expect 9-3 to be their ceiling.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: SEC vs. ACC recruiting ]

I would say the ACC is the second best of the Power 5. Made the playoffs every year, won 3 of the last 6 championships. Went 6-5-1 in the bowls in a down year, compared to the SEC's 6-6. (BC's game was cancelled.) Notre Dame is independent, but they've played half an ACC schedule for several years, which raises the level of competition in the conference.

SEC has the most talent, but the ACC has the best coaching. It's not unusual for an ACC team to beat a more talented SEC team.

Feb 7, 2019, 10:21 AM

Good point. I have no idea how with all this differential in recruiting ratings a Clemson can beat Alabama 44-10 and a UVa can beat the team from Columbia 28-0.

Either the rating system is bad or the ACC coaches are much better - or both. What do you think?

Feb 7, 2019, 10:35 AM

Feb 7, 2019, 10:35 AM

Hey look its the attention starved loser again.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I thought you were sent to sit in the corner...

Feb 7, 2019, 10:54 AM

...with your dunce cap on...?

Feb 7, 2019, 11:05 AM

My thoughts on the matter:

1) Don't care about the other ACC schools. I pull for Clemson. We win our games and our league, we go to playoffs. Nuff said.
2) Clemson recruits to a program standard and a fit and a need. And Clemson does it very well. Someone can crunch the numbers and give exacts but I'm guessing Clemson's average recruiting class rank is 5th to 12th-ish right? And where does Clemson finish each season in the true rankings on the field? 2nd, 1st, 4th, 1st. We out-perform our recruiting rankings. How about these others? Alabama recruits 1 & 2 and finishes 1 & 2 so they perform on level. The others? Recruiting classes rank #1-#5 but finish ranked in the season maybe 8th to 15th? SC ranked top 20 recruiting but seldom finishes in Top 25 at end of year? You are developing below your recruiting score.

Oh and Clemson STILL finishes the season ranked higher than it enters the season. Doubters gonna doubt.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:54 AM

...and the " ACC " owns college football , Hop.
Weren't you aware ?
Your daddy just beat your step-daddy 44-16 in a no doubter ... and without having a single class ranked higher than them since class rankings were a thing .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic