Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
3 SEC teams in playoff = B1G leaving and CF playoff dead
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,724

3 SEC teams in playoff = B1G leaving and CF playoff dead

Oct 12, 2018, 1:59 PM

The B1G has made veiled threats about this before.

If three SEC teams made it, the B1G would cancel their participation and just go back to the Rose Bowl with the Pac 12.

Then we'd be stuck with the pre-BCS setup.

So ESPN needs to stop playing cute about this. It can absolutely happen. The playoff is an arrangement that can be eliminated if any of the P5 conferences don't like how it is working.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whats the 3rd team they are making a case for?

Oct 12, 2018, 2:05 PM

I think any 3rd team is going to be a hard sell.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU is getting ready to go down in flames so its a moot poin

Oct 12, 2018, 2:07 PM

t

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Each P5 conference should select ONE of its teams

Oct 12, 2018, 2:06 PM

to represent it to the committee ... the committee would seed the teams and decide which one is left out.

This also would force Notre Dame to commit to the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Each P5 conference should select ONE of its teams

Oct 12, 2018, 4:11 PM

ND is never going to share their football millions with the ACC. You are dreaming.

You probably will never see another year where TWO teams

Oct 12, 2018, 2:09 PM

from the same conference get in. I wouldn't worry about 3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I'm no $EC lover but

Oct 12, 2018, 2:16 PM

who cares what the Big 10 and PAC 12 think? They should start actually winning something of note before the rest of us will miss them. I get how the Midwest Big 10 struggles but I just don't understand the PAC 12. They need to get themselves straightened out. No reason for them to suck as much as they do.

Re: I'm no $EC lover but

Oct 12, 2018, 8:17 PM

B1G needs to start winning? Are you talking about the conference that won the CFP before the SEC or ACC and also went 7-1 in bowls last year? I don’t think they’re worried about your dumb opinion.

Re: 3 SEC teams in playoff = B1G leaving and CF playoff dead

Oct 12, 2018, 2:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 2:32 PM

The major problem is 5 conferences and 4 spots. We need 4-16 team conferences. 64 teams. The rest go to a different division. Sorry Wake, Duke, Vandy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 3:46 PM

There's no chance in heck there are 3 teams from one conference in the CFP. Honestly having more than 1 is stupid.

I can't believe some journalist was dumb enough to write an article about it. Probably just trying to #### off the b1G fan base.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A) that will never happen. B) if we want this done, have a 12 or 16 team playoff

Oct 12, 2018, 4:24 PM

With each of the ten conference champs and two or six at large bids.

With a 12 team playoff, every team has a path to the championship in D1. It would only add a couple games to four teams. We could drop the regular season to 11 games if we are worried about wear and tear on the student-athlete.

null

Re: A) that will never happen. B) if we want this done, have a 12 or 16 team playoff

Oct 12, 2018, 8:28 PM

im for a 6 team playoff, with seeds 1-2 getting a bye, that way you have all conference champs and an at large giving the non power 5s at least a shot...more than likely they would add a second SEC team though.

Re: A) that will never happen. B) if we want this done, have a 12 or 16 team playoff

Oct 12, 2018, 8:57 PM

You're right. But that's when they play saban's clip pi$$ing and moaning about if you don't win your conference you should not play for the title. I thought it humorous how they didnt play that clip too much last december/January. But if not 2nd SEC team it's just be UCF every year, which is fine. I think that would cut back on claimed championships.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,724
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic