Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2020 Dems
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 512

2020 Dems

Oct 22, 2019, 6:07 AM

1. Fred Stevens, a welder, and Joe Frisco, a bartender, neither of whom went to college, will have to pay off the student loans for Eric, an Art History major, and Emma, a Gender Studies major, because they cannot get jobs. (Elizabeth Warren).
2. Derric Johnson, who killed 23 children by bombing their school, will be allowed to vote from prison. (Bernie Sanders)
3. Grace Thompson, who worked hard for 47 years, must give up her employer furnished medical plan and join the National Health plan. (The whole slate)
4. Darrel Washington, who has never had a regular job, will receive a monthly income from the federal government to spend as he pleases. (Amy Klobuchar)
5. Billy White, age 16, who has trouble with subject/verb agreement in English class, still has trouble with fractions in math class, and thinks Judge Judy is on the Supreme Court will get to vote. (Kirsten Gillibrand)
6. Stan Billings, an avid deer hunter, will have his semi-automatic rifle (fires one shot each time you pull the trigger) taken away, or go to jail, because it looks like an AR 15. (The entire slate)
7. Sven Johannson, whose grandfather immigrated to the US in 1953 will have to pay reparations to Sylvia Jefferson because she THINKS her great-great-great grandfather MIGHT HAVE BEEN a slave. (Cory Booker)
8. Thomas Finch, who is an ambitious and motivated adult, cannot get a job because he doesn't want to join a labor union. (Kamala Harris)
9. Sammy Thomas, a farmer, will no longer be able to haul his crops to market in his 3/4 ton diesel pick-up, but will have to make 43 trips in his Toyota Prius. (The whole slate)
10. The population of the US will become 76.4% Hispanic because all of the existing border wall will be torn down. (Beto O’Rourke)
11. NONE OF THIS WILL MATTER BECAUSE THE WORLD IS GOING TO END IN TWELVE YEARS. (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & most of the candidates)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure if any of these are true...

Oct 22, 2019, 7:38 AM

I googled "Derric Johnson bombing" and didn't get any results. You'd think something like that would be on the news sites.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This seems awfully chain emaily***

Oct 22, 2019, 7:52 AM

I understand that people have opinions and they

Oct 22, 2019, 8:07 AM

try to think of creative ways to relay those opinions, but I just do not agree with the practice of "re-posting," "forwarding," or "sharing" things without making attempts to verify the truth of the content. I'm sure "Derric Johnson" is just a made up hypothetical, but why not just say "Bernie wants felons to vote"? Why make up a name and present it as a fact?

Candidates do it all the time for effect

Oct 22, 2019, 8:25 AM

many times journalists have gone back and cannot verify or can only verify small details of stories that are told on the stump.

Age old tactic to try and connect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's disappointing.***

Oct 22, 2019, 8:26 AM

What was your reaction to Schiff's reading of the...

Oct 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

Trump/Zelensky phone call transcript? I must have missed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume you're talking about

Oct 22, 2019, 12:45 PM

his embellished "paraphrase" of the call that the President has criticized. (if you're talking about something else, I apologize. Let me know what it is.)

I think it was pretty obvious that he was not attempting to literally quote the President, and I'm sure the President and his staff know that, too, but to me, it's an awfully immature way to conduct business in the House of Representatives. He should have at least prefaced it by saying something like "It's as if the President is saying..." What he really should have done was leave the theatrics at the door of the House and objectively and coldly investigate facts.

Re: I assume you're talking about

Oct 22, 2019, 1:38 PM

"President Zelensky, eager to establish himself at home as the friend of the president of the most powerful nation on earth, had at least two objectives: get a meeting with the president and get more military help. And so what happened on that call? Zelensky begins by ingratiating himself, and he tries to enlist the support of the president. He expresses his interest in meeting with the president, and says his country wants to acquire more weapons from us to defend itself. And what is the President's response? Well, it reads like a classic organized crime shakedown. Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words, this is the essence of what the President communicates. We've been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don't see much reciprocity here."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you just missed that the OP was trolling the way

Oct 22, 2019, 12:27 PM [ in reply to I understand that people have opinions and they ]

candidates make their points in debates by trying to reduce it down to the personal level. Quite funny and clever actually...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK***

Oct 22, 2019, 12:41 PM

if you’re simple minded I guess.***

Oct 22, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to I think you just missed that the OP was trolling the way ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have any of you seen the thing on Facebook

Oct 22, 2019, 12:52 PM [ in reply to I understand that people have opinions and they ]

that starts with: "The President has asked everyone to share this..." or something like that? That's another example...I'm pretty sure he hasn't asked people on Facebook to share anything. Why not just post your opinion in your own original thoughts?

I think I'm just friends with too many grandparents on Facebook.

19B will be ankles deep in his bumbhole it that is true.***

Oct 22, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to This seems awfully chain emaily*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure if any of these are true...

Oct 22, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Not sure if any of these are true... ]

https://www.manta.com/c/mm7k0wh/fred-stevens-welding-mch-repr

I believe everyone is aware of the issue which dems'...

Oct 22, 2019, 12:32 PM

campaign promises could cause. Everyone knows that DJT isn't running as a dem and he's the only person who ever kept campaign promises.

Only person who ever kept campaign promises???***

Oct 22, 2019, 12:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only person who ever kept campaign promises???***

Oct 22, 2019, 1:40 PM

He's done much more to fulfill his promises than any other POTUS in my lifetime. Want the list?

Re: Only person who ever kept campaign promises???***

Oct 22, 2019, 3:58 PM

Any word how Mexico's payments for our wall are coming along? How is our cheaper health care is coming along? Are the streets of Chicago cleaned up like he promised? Has he cleaned up the cartels in Mexico like he promised? Stopped funding for sanctuary cities? The guy made so many nutty promises. Nobody running has ever made more promises. As a percentage is doing a terrible job keeping his promises. He may have kept some, but when you make as many as he did, he is bound to have stumbled across keeping some.

I don't think any Presidential candidates should make

Oct 22, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to I believe everyone is aware of the issue which dems'... ]

"promises". Most of the stuff they promise isn't even stuff they can do: it's the job of Congress.

They can say "I will ask Congress to.." do such and such, but all they can do is ask, and sign it into law if he likes what they do.

Most of the stuff on this "list" of things the candidates would "do" are things that Congress would actually have to do.

Prod, I like you a lot.....you're a good dude, and I

Oct 22, 2019, 12:59 PM

wouldn't want the lounge to be without you.

With that said, you gotta step into reality sometimes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In what way?***

Oct 22, 2019, 12:59 PM

People vote on their own self-interests.

Oct 22, 2019, 1:01 PM

Right or Wrong, a candidate who sells people on what they will personally do for them does better than one who doesn't.

Ergo, they're not going to stop doing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with that...I'm just talking in terms of what

Oct 22, 2019, 1:04 PM

I would like to see from a candidate. Give me your stances on issues, tell me what you believe, show me how good of a leader you are by words and actions. Tell me what you want to do, within the bounds of your Constitutional powers, but I don't need to hear you promise me anything. I don't need you to set yourself up as a "promise-breaker" just to get my vote. Just my view.

That's what I'm saying....what you'd like from a candidate,

Oct 22, 2019, 1:05 PM

reasonable as it may be, would have that candidate looking up at the bottom of the pack.

The candidates I like typically are, these days.

Oct 22, 2019, 1:09 PM

I don't particularly like that, but I don't view that a reason to change my expectations.

For example, I don't like when a candidate

Oct 22, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to I agree with that...I'm just talking in terms of what ]

promises to lower taxes. Do I want lower taxes? You betcha! But that's not his job. "I will ask Congress to lower taxes." Well, that's fine.

Instead, tell me how you want to command the military to keep the country safe. Tell me how you want to direct the government agencies to execute laws in the areas of immigration, health, etc. Tell me what qualities you look for in a federal judge. I'm more interested to hear that.

I want to hear more from my Congressional candidate about changes to tax law.

You know the last guy who stuck to that and really harped

Oct 22, 2019, 1:11 PM

on policy wonkiness and separation of power?

Ron Paul

I believe he's a good man and had the good of the country in mind with everything he did.

Never even got to 11% in the primaries.

I liked Dr. Paul.***

Oct 22, 2019, 1:17 PM

Obed, I just had an LOL moment...

Oct 22, 2019, 1:20 PM

I was thinking, yeah, I liked Dr. Paul, but a lot of his stances were more idealistic than practical.

*Forehead slap* Touche, Obed, touche.

Re: Obed, I just had an LOL moment...

Oct 22, 2019, 1:22 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 512
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic