Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2018 Recruiting... Food for Thought
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,928

2018 Recruiting... Food for Thought

Jun 22, 2016, 10:29 PM

I know we are still working on our 2017 class, but I am sensing a historic class in 2018. Here's why:
QB - Dakereon Joyner 4* (We have a shot at Lawrence but I am being conservative. I think we offer KJ this fall)
RB - Zamir White 5* #3 player in the country according to 247
RB - Devon Lawrence 4* little brother of Big Dex
WR - Jacob Copeland 5* Battle with FSU/UF for him
WR - ? Not sure. Maybe Jahan Dotson? I'm not worried we always come through at WR
TE - ? Not many prospects listed yet. We'll land a solid 3-4*
OL - Christian Armstrong 4*
OL - ? TBD
OL - ? TBD
DE - Xavier Thomas 5* #4 player in the country
DE - Justin Mascoll 5* #6 player in the country
DE - Stephon Wynn Jr 4*
DT - Josh Belk 5*
DT - ? TBD
LB - Dax Hollifield 4*
LB - Jake Venables 4*
LB - Mike Jones 4* COMMIT
DB - Derion Kendrick 5* 247 has him as a WR but he want to play DB from what I've heard
DB - Christian Tutt 5* Might be a stretch but I think Dabo could work some magic
DB - ? TBD

This is only 20 spots and we should have a big class. I have a few gaps but we are years away from this class. The state of SC is stacked with KJ, Xavier Thomas, Stephon Wynn Jr, Josh Belk, Venables, and Derion Kendrick. This is a huge opportunity for Dabo to reel in the number one class. I am counting 7 5*s and 8 4*s and the class wouldn't even be full.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2018 Recruiting... Food for Thought

Jun 22, 2016, 11:55 PM

Anyone else see Devon Lawrence and imagine Dexter running the football? Like the new version of the Perry brothers. Between that and Wilkins playing WR, I don't think any team is going to want to play defense against Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was the trick play pass to Wilkins perfect or what?

Jun 23, 2016, 1:49 AM

I would love to see him in the game some on offense.

Go Tigers!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2018 Recruiting... Food for Thought

Jun 23, 2016, 12:20 AM

Nice post. We'd be loaded if we could land those folks. I'll play along and try to fill in some of the gaps starting with the #2 WR spot. There are some very talented folks here but I'll go with Tre Turner as he's a taller WR. At 6-3, he'd be appear to be a solid counter part for the 6-0 Copeland but I also considered DeMarcus Gregory (6-3 195) of Byrnes, Northwestern's Jamario Holloway (6-1 180) and Brian Hightower (6-3 185) from IMG Academy.

WR Tre Turner 6-3 175 Greensboro, NC Northwest Guilford
Currently does not hold and offer from Clemson but does from VaTech, FSU, UofL, Tenn and many others. Turner finished his sophomore season with 60 catches for 990 yards and 10 touchdowns. Was at CDS Camp in June of 2016.

TE Mustapha Muhammad 6-5 230 Missouri City, TX Ridge Point HS
Potentially the Top TE target for Clemson in this class. Offered by Clemson in April. Named the Alpha Dog at the Sound Mind, Sound Body Houston Camp. In 2015, he had 19 receptions for 321 yards and five touchdowns. On Clemson- “They have a lot of talent over there. They’re also really good, they use the tight end pretty well. I have a good relationship with Coach Pearman. Coach Pearman is recruiting me hard."

OL Jamaree Salyer 6-4 305 Atlanta, GA Pace Academy HS
One of the top OL's in this class, Salyer visited Clemson on March 28th, 2016 with teammate Andrew Thomas. Attended Dabo Swinney Camp and received an offer. A MaxPreps sophomore All-American.

OL Will Lawrence
6-4 280 Memphis, TN Harding Academy of Memphis
Here's a guy I'm really big on in this class. He atteneded CDS camp in June of 2016 but was offered in early June of 2015. Named a CBS All-American and a MaxPreps All-American. Remarkably, Lawrence started 11 games for his team as an 8th grader. "I'm look for a family environment, a Christian environment and then after that I look at the coaches and everything boils down."
For more on Lawrence, check out this bio I did on him: http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1461310

DL Andrew Ogletree 6-4 275 Columbus, GA Carver High
Currently does not have an offer from Clemson but is drawing interest. Attended CDS Camp in June of 2016. Ogletree bench presses 340 pounds and holds a 4.0 GPA in the Magnet program. As a sophomore, Ogletree racked up 31 tackles, five sacks and a fumble recovery.

S Tyreke Johnson 6-1 175 Jacksonville, FL Trinity Christian
Has an offer from Clemson and is considered the top safety in his class. Already named to the US Army All-American Bowl.

What an amazing haul this would be. This next class is far more talented than any we've had in recent years. I've yet to do a 2018 Top250 but I'm nearly certain that all these folks would make it. It's a great time to be Tiger

I like this thread!

Jun 23, 2016, 1:38 AM

While we're at it, let's not forget 5* QB Trevor Lawrence.
The kid is most likely going to be the #1 recruit in the nation regardless of position.

Evidently, he plans to make his decision this summer. It's gonna be us or GA. He might choose the mutts; but if I were them I wouldnt be counting my money just yet.

Don't get me wrong, Joyner is fantastic!
CU QB's are and will be an embarrassment of riches for years to come, either way!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,928
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic