Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2018/19 Slot Receiver
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

2018/19 Slot Receiver

Dec 12, 2018, 3:12 PM

Any thoughts on who will replace the great HR13 in the slot next year? Amari? Kendrick? Can’t replace those hands, but team could mix in some run options with these horses ... TIA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DK10, I think you’ll see more 4 WR formation next year

Dec 12, 2018, 3:16 PM

??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DK10, I think you’ll see more 4 WR formation next year

Dec 12, 2018, 3:56 PM

Doubt it. I can see them running less 11 Personnel and going towards 12 personnel, IF one of the TE's develop (Galloway or Chalk with addition of newcomer Lay). Running out two TE's (one technically an H-Back) could put a world of hurt on teams trying to defend 5 capable pass catching players on the field at once.

I say all that to say I still see it being DK10 at the 5 man spot. It will likely be Tee at the 9 man spot again, Justyn at the 2 and Braden/JC/Jaelyn at the 3.

Dec 12, 2018, 4:46 PM

You think that would be tough to defend... I would like to see Higgins, Ross, Ngata, and Ladson on the field at the same time.

Try defending 4 guys 6-3 or taller, and throw ETN in the backfield, or Amari/DK/Galloway/whoever out there as the 5th guy. Would be a heckuva redzone package. Just throw up a jump ball and let them go get it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: DK10, I think you’ll see more 4 WR formation next year ]

Agree. Either 12 or 22 personnel is what I'd like to see. With WRs who can get separation and a good QB who can throw deep and an O-line that can pass protect, the middle of the field is where the action should be - and if we can make it happen, that is the essence of football to me, because we would then have the running game going and the post routes heading up-field. It would be the smash-mouth dream that Chad Morris and Dabo (and I) envisioned.

We should also initiate some 13 and 23 personnel sets....

Dec 12, 2018, 5:45 PM

As we continue to develop the run game, a 3-TE set is one of the future visions of smash-mouth, clock-eating football. It should not take the place of the multiple WR sets, because we don't want to eliminate skill personnel against opponents and lose recruiting of talent - but, I'd like to see us be the most versatile offense in the history of college football.

Maybe someone named Herbstreit***

Dec 12, 2018, 6:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2018/19 Slot Receiver

Dec 12, 2018, 7:58 PM

HR simply cannot be replaced.

We may change our offensive schemes and use different highly talented players, but Hunter Renfrow will never be replaced. He is, simply, the greatest slot receiver in Clemson history.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic