Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just watched 02/08/2019 eSECpn College Football Live
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,967

I just watched 02/08/2019 eSECpn College Football Live

Feb 8, 2019, 7:22 PM

I thought that the SEC spin machine couldn't get much worse. I was wrong. They spent a LOT of effort overblowing the relationship of recruiting ranking to success on the field. I know that recruiting is VERY important, but, if recruiting was the largest factor by as large of a margin as they were insinuating, Clemson would not have won 2 of the last 3 national championship. They pointed out several times that the SEC had 5 (or 4?) teams in the top 10 recruiting rankings.

They pointed to the number of people invited to the NFL combines by conference...SEC was first. Then, they asked about DLs who would dominate in the NFL. The 2 commentators (one was the younger Golic) picked one person each. Golic picked Jonah Williams. The other guy picked a Kentucky LB! Then, they mentioned best coaches. They picked 3, and Dabo was not in the list. One of the 3 (one host, 2 commentators) guys mentioned that perhaps the list should contain Dabo. The other 2 didn't respond in any manner.

Then, they asked who deserves statues at their respective schools. The first 2 were Bo Jackson (yep) and Hershel Walker (yep). They then added a couple more. One added Deshaun Watson at the very end. Glolic agreed but insinuated that a lot of his greatness was justified because he won with Hunter Refrow...as if Hunter Renfrow was some how a liability. I would not be surprised if the Pats made drafting Renfrow to eventually backfill Edelman a priority. As an aside, as a Clemson fan, I would have reluctantly added George Rogers. When George played at USuC, they won a lot of games with not much else besides George. I went to his final bowl game as a guest of my USuC graduate 1st cousin. George's hands were so beaten by helmets over the year that they shot Novocain into both of his hands. He fumbled on the first carry!

It seems to me that when we lost to Alabama last year in the first round, ESPN replayed that game in agnosia, but didn't show this year's freakin' championship game NEAR as many times. I would love to see the numbers. I think that they want the fanny whoopin' that Clemson put on the mighty Bammer to become a distant memory by the start of the season.

It is obvious to me that there is a BIG push by eSECpn to start Alabama at number 1 pre-season next year. Even if they don't, I would be willing to bet that the jump will occur the week of our first of 2 off dates. But, I'm not going to hold my breath for the opposite to occur, even though I look good in blue. I'm hoping that this SHAMELESS SEC butt kissin' by eSECpn will be at least tempered by the new ACC network.

OK, I'll put my soapbox up now. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

#2 ranking at start of yr wrong but Dabo & Team would embrace it.

Feb 8, 2019, 7:28 PM

And Yes..the showing of the 44-16 beat-down was as short lived as a Terrier without knees.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree that #2 would be a good thing. And I am thankful

Feb 8, 2019, 8:48 PM

for JD404 posting all the links to the different versions of the game. I have watched WAY too many of them!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPiN will continue the narrative

Feb 8, 2019, 9:29 PM

and SEC agenda. I expect Bama and UGA to be #1 and #2 by late August. They will have a lot riding on the aTm/ Clemson game. Outside of the SEC, O-31 State will get some love with Fields at QB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,967
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic