Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is ZERO Clemson WH controversy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

There is ZERO Clemson WH controversy.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:43 AM

Our boys went and had a great time. Those who didn't probably had their reasons.. remember, they had like 4 days notice.

The food? Lighten up everyone. Its funny. Really. Our team shows up and is fed fast food. Its unexpected so people are laughing.. but its funny. Nobody really cares.

Glad the team made it, there is no issue..

#1 CLEMSON TIGERS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

KJ Henry and Shaq Smith cared***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:44 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 players on a team of what, 100? We focus on what we want to see I guess.***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

cornell powell, nyles pinckney...several others 'liking' all

Jan 15, 2019, 11:55 AM

kinds of negative tweets as well. I don't follow the whole team but it takes more than 1 hand to count them all

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KJ Henry and Shaq Smith cared***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to KJ Henry and Shaq Smith cared*** ]

KJ seemed to care that Trump can't spell.

Did he say anything about not liking the food?

Message removed by Author

Jan 15, 2019, 11:56 AM

Message removed by Author

Re: What makes you think he went?***

Jan 15, 2019, 1:14 PM

The "nobody really cares" comment in the OP was about the food.

The response was that Shaq and KJ cared.

I responded that KJ cared about our president not being able to spell, which is mostly a joke because it was clearly a typo and KJ made fun of the typo in the same way that many on TNET do every day.

I'm not sure if KJ went or not or why he made either decision. Further I'm not sure if his tweet meant that if he did go, that he did not enjoy his visit.

Maybe KJ hates Trump or maybe he just thought it was funny to make fun of the tweet in a comparative way. It doesn't really matter to me either way. KJ seems like a great young man and he is one heck of a football player. I could care less about his political preference.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:54 AM [ in reply to KJ Henry and Shaq Smith cared*** ]

http://www.phillytrib.com/when-did-donald-trump-become-a-racist/article_fdd7d40a-b66b-52d4-a40f-c19ed451711e.html

And they missed out. Imagine being an honored guest

Jan 15, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to KJ Henry and Shaq Smith cared*** ]

at the White House. Imagine shaking the hand of a President and THEM telling you "great work."

An awesome experience if you ask me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I am one of those in the camp that going to the WH is good,

Jan 15, 2019, 3:28 PM

regardless of the President at the time. That being said, they were not treated as honored guests. They were used in a political stunt, and they were given crappy food that was in bad condition (cold.)

In not being political, I am capable of saying that our team deserved a better meal.

People not willing to admit that are the ones likely being political.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am one of those in the camp that going to the WH is good,

Jan 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

This is getting ridiculous. All of us here that were invited to go and were part of any of the workouts that led to us winning please speak up.

Otherwise maybe in this case we should let the players decide what they did and did not like. From what I’ve read most liked it, maybe some others didn’t, but guess what it’s not up to us. The team got honored at the White House for a national championship... what do you think Bama and the rest of college football wish they could have eaten Monday night.

Missing the point entirely. It was a political stunt.

Jan 15, 2019, 5:58 PM

That has nothing to do with whether or not players enjoyed it.

Maybe they enjoyed being part of the stunt, or maybe they are not even aware of it and embracing the moment.... which I say is the best route. I hope every player enjoyed it and I'm sure the meal may have made it more memorable in the end.

But acknowledging that it was a political stunt is less awkward than pretending it wasn't.

I think the Pro-Trump people think it's a much bigger deal than I do. I'm just talking **** and don't think it's a huge deal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am one of those in the camp that going to the WH is good,

Jan 15, 2019, 6:41 PM [ in reply to I am one of those in the camp that going to the WH is good, ]

Alabama did not get a meal at all last year. Quit whining.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And they missed out. Imagine being an honored guest

Jan 15, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to And they missed out. Imagine being an honored guest ]

So honored they got a cold hamberder out of a cardboard box on a china plate while standing. I'm underwhelmed.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:22 PM

You obviously didn’t read Hunter’s remarks, but would rather stir crap

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 15, 2019, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: And they missed out. Imagine being an honored guest ]

Link to anyone stating that The food was cold?

Jan 15, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to KJ Henry and Shaq Smith cared*** ]

Those 2 should be more concerned with upping their level of play so that they actually see the field ??

why does anyone care that some cared?

Jan 15, 2019, 1:57 PM [ in reply to KJ Henry and Shaq Smith cared*** ]

just another divisive political wedge that has nothing to do with clemson football..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

you are just getting more

Jan 15, 2019, 11:44 AM

conservative with age ;)

Thats what my daughter says.. haha :)***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:52 AM

null

I wonder how many would have stayed home if they were

Jan 15, 2019, 11:55 AM

notified ahead of time that they would be served cold McDonald's in an attention-grabbing political stunt?

Re: I wonder how many would have stayed home if they were

Jan 15, 2019, 2:12 PM

They knew before they left what was on the menu. I don't do twitter and have not seen what was said only that something was. I am assuming that since there has just been references that it is nothing too controversial. I hope that they put things in a way so that it showed their opinion, but was not derogatory towards the invitation itself or the ones that chose to accept it.

Re: There is ZERO Clemson WH controversy.

Jan 15, 2019, 12:36 PM

It truly is an honor, either way you slice it. Winning the NC and going to the White House is an honor.

And, of course, you’d have to expect some jeering at Trump serving McDonalds to National Champs, much as you would expect people to make fun of Obama had he served this or another fast food to a title team during his term.

Jan 15, 2019, 1:03 PM

That is a true statement. I’ve had numerous people approach me today about this event. There is NO bad publicity here for the Clemson Tigers. The president perhaps used the event to send a message to his adversaries but we are not the scapegoat. Many will remember this happening for years. I certainly will. Wish I had been there ..... and so do you!

BK responds about large order yesterday ....

Jan 15, 2019, 1:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Has Wendy's chimed in yet ? Their social is pretty funny***

Jan 15, 2019, 1:10 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Trump blames McDonalds

Jan 15, 2019, 1:31 PM
Capture5.PNG(40.1 K)

McDonalds machine broke is the reason for not having dessert for the team last night

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Re: Trump blames McDonalds

Jan 15, 2019, 4:12 PM

Now that's funny right there. I don't think I have been in a McDonald's the last 10 years when the ice cream machine was working!!!

Jan 15, 2019, 2:47 PM
qb FB.jpg(160.3 K)

Anyone else see this (attached) passed around on social media? This just doesn't sound like TL16, IMHO. Cant prove or dispute it at the moment....just have my doubts he actually said this.

It is fake..

Jan 15, 2019, 2:52 PM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/clemson-qb-trevor-lawrence-white-house-fast-food-fake-quote-twitter-response-reaction-trump

Re: It is fake..

Jan 15, 2019, 6:21 PM

Gov't shutdown so nobody there to cook or prepare anything. Sick of media trashing ANYONE and EVERYTHING. There was NO food served two years ago.

Am I the only one that thinks life is cruising along just fine at the same speed and quality as when the millions of federal workers are at their desks doing whatever it is they do?

Honestly I had 2nd thoughts getting on my flights yesterday

Jan 15, 2019, 6:43 PM

(Apparently missed the team at GSP by 20 mins)
Give those TSA workers 2 more weeks without pay and tell me how you feel putting you and your fam on an airplane.

null

Re: It is fake..

Jan 15, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: It is fake.. ]

I don't care if the govt is shut down or not. He owns a freaking hotel a couple miles away. If he wanted to provide food, get it from there, anywhere except freaking fast food. No food would have been better.

And you honestly think the country is fine while the government is shut down? 800,000 people without pay and work. But yep, it's good for you.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Jan 15, 2019, 7:14 PM

A voice of reason in the wilderness... thank you!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic