Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1st time on tnet since the game. Gotta ask. Has Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

1st time on tnet since the game. Gotta ask. Has Dabo

Jan 4, 2018, 7:11 AM

addressed his sideline ‘meltdown’(?) with/at Kelly Bryant?

To hail with Dan Le ###### and anyone else of the talking heads that slammed HCDS for it, but it was not a good look....

....appreciate a repost or if anyone has/heard his explanation?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: 1st time on tnet since the game. Gotta ask. Has Dabo

Jan 4, 2018, 7:34 AM

I didn't think it was that bad. High-stress situations create emotions like that, and obviously, KB didn't get the message at the half. Therefore the reminder from Dabo. It's football, and coaches yell.

Did you see Saban flip out on his coach towards the end?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 7:45 AM

Okay, guess I see that (‘coaches being intense or stressed coaches’) POV, also. Yep, saw Saban’s display, but not so ‘out of character’ for him imo.

Have been perusing ‘some’ of the other posts, and seeing some mentions here and there; reading between the lines, etc., that the reason(s) for the ‘talks’ were related to poor decision making by KB2, etc., etc.

Bottom line: Guess nobody has asked Dabo ‘directly’.... yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 7:38 AM

what is there to address. he was coaching up his player that mess up a touchdown play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks de. But really?

Jan 4, 2018, 7:55 AM

And not trying to cross sabers with you here, BUT, in the past five years +\-, can you give me many examples when/where Dabo has been THAT irate?

The botched Huegel fake punt in the ACCCG... 1.

Any others? I can’t recall...?... Even during the Pitt loss; the Syracuse loss; the ‘15 Natty.... not recalling any.

I think you’re being disingenious if you say this is typical for HCDS.

js

Minor correction - fake punt in UNC ACCCG was by

Jan 4, 2018, 8:09 AM

Andy Teasdall - not Huegal. I was there with my son & 2 grand kids and couldn’t believe it when I saw it live!

Re: Minor correction - fake punt in UNC ACCCG was by

Jan 4, 2018, 8:15 AM

My bad. Senior moment....

Re: Thanks de. But really?

Jan 4, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Thanks de. But really? ]

of course it is not typical. that is why there is talk about it. doesnt bother me in the least. coaches are human also. he was mad because kb f'ed up. nothing more than that. guess he wasnt to mad. he brought kb to the post game presser.

Re: Thanks de. But really?

Jan 4, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Thanks de. But really? ]

Teasdale was the punter not Huegel

Don't blame Huegel for that botched fake punt!***

Jan 4, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Thanks de. But really? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never listen to that guy, so don’t know what he said....

Jan 4, 2018, 7:48 AM

Maybe the fact that he apparently has a problem with what Dabo did explains his lack of football knowledge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, shouldn’t have brought Dan L into the convo, but

Jan 4, 2018, 8:06 AM

figgered if i also ‘slammed him’ while asking my question, i wouldn’t get called a coot.

Welp, that didn’t work out too well for me or matter.... right 1portroyalty ?

jk

lol....***

Jan 4, 2018, 8:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First thing we have to adress with this post: did you attend

Jan 4, 2018, 7:52 AM

the game? If yes, please ask all the questions you want, or level any criticisms. If not, then you need to leave it to the folks that did.

jk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this one of those true fan arguments?

Jan 4, 2018, 7:56 AM

Because having gone to games and watched them on TV, I can assure you that I always get a more complete perspective watching it on TV.

... i was on suicide watch...***

Jan 4, 2018, 7:58 AM [ in reply to First thing we have to adress with this post: did you attend ]

Jan 4, 2018, 7:57 AM

Why would he address that? You never been yelled at by a coach?

Jan 4, 2018, 8:08 AM

I'm more interested in someone diagramming or explaining the play and how it should have been a touchdown if KB had gotten the ball out of his hands. We're all assuming that's what Dabo was pissed about, right?

I don't remember the TV crew replaying it and showing how it all unfolded down field. They showed the sack/pressure but not the WR route and coverage.

Any links or .Gifs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. I dvr’d Coaches Room Broadcast

Jan 4, 2018, 8:18 AM

Definitely need to watch it .... well, once I can bear to rewatch it, that is.....

Sigh

Jan 4, 2018, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: 1st time on tnet since the game. Gotta ask. Has Dabo ]

Defensive line killed that play. I don't see It as a missed TD opportunity.
Offensive line and running backs couldn't block them, just like other teams couldn't block ours.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:25 AM

D-line did not kill that play. KB got happy feet. It's understandable why based on all of the pressure on the previous plays, but on this one in particular the pocket was fine and he started scrambling way too early.

Jan 4, 2018, 8:30 AM

I think anybody that has a problem with the way that Dabo interacts with his players during a game is a bit out of touch.

Maybe Dan LeTard (or whoever) was coddled, grew up without a father, or whatever. If the optics of a football coach getting in the grill of one of his players during a game gets a person's panties in a wad they're watching the wrong sport.

This is non-sense. Football is a MAN's game. It's not some all-inclusive social experiment. Sometimes the only way to get your point across to a young-man is to get in his grill. Men or boys who can't handle that don't play or coach football.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 11:18 AM

He graduated from Miami in 1990. Do you mean Leotard got upset when Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Erickson lit into one of their players? I doubt it.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: 1st time on tnet since the game. Gotta ask. Has Dabo ]

Leotard graduated from Miami in 1990. Wonder if he ever got upset when Jimmy Johnson or Dennis Erickson screamed at one of their guys.

Jan 4, 2018, 11:24 AM

I wasn't sure how he spelled his name.

"Leotard"...that's awesome.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2018, 8:41 AM

I think this question is a bit ridiculous. To be clear, are you asking why did Dabo yell at KB? Give me a break...leave it to the little league coaches to pat their kids on the back when they screw up and then give them a participation trophy afterwards.

I have no problem with a coach Swinney getting on to KB! Swinney was coaching!***

Jan 4, 2018, 10:49 AM

We all such snowflakes now

Jan 4, 2018, 11:26 AM

that we can't stand seeing a coach coaching up his players and assistants. He yelled at our QB coach too. Should he have to go on national tv and apologize for that too?

it wasn't that bad Lebetard is a snowflake***

Jan 4, 2018, 11:26 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic