Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC loser is out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,910

SEC loser is out

Nov 27, 2018, 9:26 PM

If OU or OSU win. I can see the argument why they would be in but same record the team with a conference champ ring should be in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Nov 27, 2018, 9:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC loser is out

Nov 27, 2018, 9:55 PM

I agree but they will still put Alabama in. We need to be pulling hard for Alabama because if they lose we go to #1 and they go to #4 and Saban is almost unbeatable with a month to prepare.

Nov 27, 2018, 10:02 PM

Only if your team is one dimensional with a pseudo running QB and your play calling tries to just hang in there with dink and dunk passes or screens.

100% wrong

Nov 27, 2018, 10:01 PM

Bama is in unless they get whipped by UGA AND Tua is out for the playoff.

Re: 100% wrong

Nov 27, 2018, 10:28 PM

Nah a 1 L conference champ will get in over a 1 L conference championship loser. I could see the Bama argument but conference championships mean more than being good in the sEC.

If Bama loses and Clemson, OU and OSU all win...

Nov 27, 2018, 10:51 PM

Bama is out.

NO WAY the CFP Committee sets a precedence of voting in a team that is not a conference champion over two one-loss Power 5 conference champions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i wish it were true

Nov 27, 2018, 10:58 PM

but last years precedent of anything goes, scares me into thinking 2 sec teams are already in

What precedent?

Nov 27, 2018, 11:07 PM

That a one loss Bama team got in over conference champions with multiple losses?

What does that have to do with this year’s hypothetical scenario involving one loss Bama and one loss conference champs?

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

THIS

Nov 27, 2018, 11:06 PM [ in reply to If Bama loses and Clemson, OU and OSU all win... ]

I agree with you 100%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I’ll bet whatever you want that Bama is in the playoff.

Nov 27, 2018, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: 100% wrong ]

If UGA loses, they are toast unless OU and OSU both lose and/or Clemson loses.

I don’t know why people are so hung up on conference championships like they are all equal or that they even really matter in certain scenarios. The whole point of a committee is to be able to ignore something like that in favor of the better team - in this case Bama over OU and OSU.

It’s probably a moot point anyway since we’re halfway to my prediction in another thread of OU getting jumped by OSU the last weekend after Bama and Clemson take care of business.

I’ll GLADLY take that bet.

Nov 27, 2018, 11:22 PM

If Bama loses to Georgia, and Clemson, Oklahoma, and Ohio State all win, Alabama will not be in the playoffs this year.

I am confident about that.

Name your terms.

Nov 27, 2018, 11:34 PM

Anyone else can jump in as well. It won’t matter when Bama beats UGA, but we can bump this up if something crazy happens next Saturday.

Nov 27, 2018, 11:17 PM

The dawgs will lose, they are not good enough to hang with Bama or us this year. They have choked for 37-38 years. 38 it is! Mark could never get them over the top and Smart had his only chance last year because all the players know he broke recruiting promises now. It will be very difficult for him to continue to recruit like he did the last 2 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Correct.

Nov 28, 2018, 12:09 AM

Also note there will be two SEC losers on Saturday. :)

Both are out.

If Bama loses, you will see more or less the same scenario as last year

Nov 28, 2018, 12:14 AM

Bama had 1 loss and didn’t even get the chance to play in the conference championship game, but still made it in. There is no way in the world the committee would leave out a 1 loss Bama team. I really hope Bama wins because as another poster pointed out, I do not want to play them in the semis again

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2018, 12:16 AM

If Georgia wins, Alabama drops to number four. Their loss is better than OSU’s our Oklahoma’s loss. It’s that simple.

Winning a conference championships does not punch your ticket, it’s just another data point.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,910
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic