Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#1 plays the 3:30 game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

#1 plays the 3:30 game

Sep 5, 2019, 1:03 PM

Week 2 ratings don't mean anything much except they exist. That said, imagine at this point in the season, if Bama, UGA, OHST, Mich, Penn St, SoCal, TEX, LSU, OKLA any of those & others - - if they were ranked #1 & playing a #10-12 team - - the game would be the nighttime BIGGIE.....not the 3:30 game; especially if any of those teams were just coming off a Natty too.

I know some of it has to to with TV market size (& any #10-12 team from the SEC in Texas brings big market ratings - so that half is covered - just not the SC TV market size).

But what ends up being the primetime BIGGIE of the week? The SEC #6 team vs #9/10 TEX. They're passing on putting the (current) #1 team vs a virtual top 10. Wouldn't happen if it were Bama, OHST, Mich, SoCal, OKLA, UGA at #1 vs TEX.

#1 CU vs A&M should be the markee matchup of Sept 7. That should not be arguable, but I'm sure it will be - so I'm braced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's be honest here.. LSU vs Texas is by far the

Sep 5, 2019, 1:08 PM

biggest draw of the day. At least we have our own time slot... wouldn't make much sense to put our game on alongside that one.

Who's the virtual top 10?

Sep 5, 2019, 1:26 PM

Not aTm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

SEC game of the week is at 3:30 every week on CBS

Sep 5, 2019, 1:43 PM

If Alabama played Texas A&M this weekend, it would be at 330 on CBS, like it's been for the past several years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: #1 plays the 3:30 game - I would offer

Sep 5, 2019, 2:42 PM

that despite the upset alerts, etc., the programming decision makers figure LSU/Texas to be a more competitive game, and it’s all about ratings. When a team dominates or builds a big lead, viewers will be lost and advertisers will complain about paying ‘full price’.

$.02

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Well unfortunately for us

Sep 5, 2019, 2:46 PM

We are playing either the 4th or 5th most important school and team in Texas while LSU gets to play the prominent Lone Star State School

Re: Well unfortunately for us

Sep 5, 2019, 8:43 PM

Right now though - I could not say with certainty that any of those teams is better than the other 2. Based on whom they've played. Texas may or may not be better than LSU & A&M - or LSU or A&M could be better than the other 2.

Just saying right now (& yes it's very early in the season) - at THIS moment CU is #1 & defending N.Champs playing a team in a game that went to the wire last year AND that half the people/media believe will be an upset. All that should make it compelling enough to be "Top Game" in the Sept 7 lineup. Of course, it's GOING to be 3:30 & that's set in stone, so it's pretty pointless to argue the issue.

Wow.... I just declared MYSELF an irrelevant moron for bringing it up!

Re: #1 plays the 3:30 game

Sep 5, 2019, 8:54 PM

Yup. It’s only because we are Clemson and everyone hates us. That’s it. It has nothing to do with anything else. Everyone just hates lil ole Clemson.

The sec game of the week is always at 330.

Sep 5, 2019, 8:57 PM

There's just not one this week so they didn't want our game and Texas game to overlap.

Re: #1 plays the 3:30 game

Sep 5, 2019, 9:20 PM

I agree. If we were playing a cupcake it'd be different. But two ranked teams from Power 5 (us being #1) with theoretical possibility of an upset should make a night kickoff a no brainer.

Re: Just means we start drinking earlier?

Sep 5, 2019, 10:03 PM

Maybe someone is looking out for us?

In all seriousness just means they’ll be showing a final score of a Tiger W under an ORANGE and Regalia sky.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic