Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
234 out of 235 Dems have lost their minds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

234 out of 235 Dems have lost their minds

Apr 11, 2019, 11:04 AM

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/10/democrats-equality-act-transgender-girls-sports/

Sarah Warbelow, director of the left-wing Human Rights Campaign, praised the bill’s impact on high school sports in written testimony submitted to a House subcommittee on Tuesday.

“Opponents of equality in athletics for transgender athletes have argued that girls who are transgender have unfair physiological advantages over cisgender girls and as a result, will dominate women’s competitive sports,” Warbelow wrote, calling it not “rooted in fact” that biologically male athletes will outperform their female counterparts.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, a Democrat from New York, made a similar argument during an April 2 hearing his committee held on the legislation. (RELATED: Biological Male Is Top-Ranked NCAA Track Star)

“Many states have sexual orientation and gender identity nondiscrimination laws, and all of them still have women’s sports. Arguments about transgender athletes participating in sports in accordance with their gender identity having competitive advantages have not been borne out,” Nadler said in his opening statement.

In Connecticut, one of the states to which Nadler was referring, two male runners have dominated girls’ high school track. A female competitor called the male runners’ advantage “demoralizing.”

Julia Beck, the head of a self-described radical feminist organization, testified against the bill.

The Democrats’ bill would lead to a male invasion of female spaces, including on the athletic field, Beck said in her April 2 testimony. “Men will dominate female sports,” she warned.

Of the 235 Democrats in the House, 234 have co-sponsored the legislation. (That’s not counting Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico’s non-voting representatives, who also signed on as co-sponsors.)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really scratch my head over this transgender thing...

Apr 11, 2019, 11:53 AM

It's not like it's even some religious thing. It's just science/medicine/obvious fact. A man deciding he's a woman is like me deciding I'm a dolphin. I mean, you can wear whatever you want and do whatever you want to whatever consenting adult you want, but it doesn't change the, you know, construction.

I just don't get it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you really want to understand it better, I'd recommend

Apr 11, 2019, 12:32 PM

looking at medical statistics (not political rhetoric) of those born with ambiguous genitalia or intersex conditions. It's more common than you think. Genetic and physical differentiation are often a puzzle of gender indicators that come down to medical and family decisions.

While there are plenty of "I feel like a woman so I'll dress like one" cases, there are many who have life long struggles with real medical problems.

OK, but I obviously wasn't referring to

Apr 11, 2019, 12:45 PM

those with unusual medical conditions, which I'm pretty sure are a very small percentage of those who claim to be "transgender".

But i don't think it's much of a stretch to leap from

Apr 11, 2019, 1:02 PM

mixed up parts to mixed up inclinations and tendencies. I do believe there are people who are born a different gender mentally than physically. I think they are few and far between. I think our efforts to accommodate and make them comfortable have led us to be afraid to suggest that not everyone professing to be different gender, really is wired that way. Like everything else, there are people who would use it to gain an athletic advantage and others who do it just for attention.

The problem is, I can't tell the difference. I think it's obvious that genetic, physical men should not compete in women's sports though, so nothing in what I said should make anyone think I would support that law.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I surprised the fear in girls and their mothers...

Apr 11, 2019, 1:23 PM

preventing them from raising cain about this injustice.

I agree that some DNA is so odd that it presents gender confusion. I also believe that people have the right to identify as anything they want including a tree. It's between them and their god how they view themselves and frankly, it's none of anyone else's business.

I pay people, including many popular preachers no mind. I get what I've learned and believe exactly the same way as them. Try changing my mind about God. This is America, it was formed on freedom of religion and freedom of thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just it, it is not as unusual as you think to

Apr 11, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to OK, but I obviously wasn't referring to ]

have an intersex variation. Conservative estimates put it at 1 in every 2500 births, and not all conditions are recognizable at birth. And there are physical and genetic variations.

God made us all, so I don't think it's up to us to "get it"; it would be nicer to accept it and move on.

1 in 2500 is pretty unusual

Apr 11, 2019, 2:01 PM

So does "accept it and move on" require us to be on board with ridiculous legislation like this? Or are we just virtue signaling here?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bout as unusual as red hair.

Apr 11, 2019, 2:27 PM

LOL, virtue signalling.

Estimated that 2-6% of the US population has red hair

Apr 11, 2019, 2:44 PM

1 in 2500 does not equal 2-6%.

Anyway, I guess we should be restructuring society for those with red hair too by this logic? Mandating window tint, shade zones on public beaches, free access to sunscreen for underprivileged gingers, etc?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's the acceptable percentage level of a group for you

Apr 11, 2019, 3:17 PM

to not be allowed to discriminate against them anymore?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is discriminating against them?

Apr 11, 2019, 3:19 PM

Is not giving them priority over the rest of the population discriminating against them?

How are they getting priority?***

Apr 11, 2019, 3:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How are they getting priority?***

Apr 11, 2019, 3:33 PM

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/10/democrats-equality-act-transgender-girls-sports/

Oh. I guess you're right. This was like that time

Apr 11, 2019, 3:36 PM

black people got priority when we let them go to the same schools as white people and drink from the same fountains.

Now, admittedly, I didn't give the Daily Caller link a click, so if I'm missing something in said content, please let me know and I'll retract.

This might be one of those times that the LGBTQ commuity

Apr 11, 2019, 3:50 PM

doesn't all tow the same line.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/feb/17/martina-navratilova-criticised-over-cheating-trans-women-comments

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may well be, and the sports angle is going to be

Apr 11, 2019, 4:00 PM

(well, already is, actually) the main battlefield. I'm pretty straight libertarian for transgender outside of sports--equal protection, do your thing, yadda yadda. Sports though...that's a tough one, especially born males playing contact/combat female sports. A runner winning a race is one thing, but boxing, MMA, lacrosse, soccer, rugby, basketball, all stuff that women play/do....I don't know the answer, but it becomes more than just unfair. It becomes legitimately more dangerous.

well, yeah, that seems to be what we are saying

Apr 11, 2019, 11:07 PM

Take a breath and re-read the thread and it appears you agree with those you argue with.

Zion Williamson can say he feels like a woman and wants to be called Polly Prissy-pants for all I care.....that’s the libertarian stance. Not letting him ally-oop on the Converse College basketball team is common sense.

Somewhere along the line, we’ve had to start defending things like this that aren’t bigoted, aren’t judgmental, and shouldn’t be controversial....this is basic logic.

You feel like a lady...have at it....genetics gave you a muscle mass though that most “birth” females couldn’t achieve through a lifetime of doping, so no, you’re not running hurdles and wrestling against them...it’s as unfair as it gets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you should read he article then, cause this ain’t akin

Apr 11, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Oh. I guess you're right. This was like that time ]

To sending black people to the same schools, or letting them drink from the same water fountains. Although I have no doubt that’s how it’ll be portrayed by the virtuous enlightened ones.

Do you accept blindness or deaf as normal?

Apr 11, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to 1 in 2500 is pretty unusual ]

We certainly don't fault the blind or deaf for their deformities nor do we accept it as normal for a child to be born with such disabilities. We don't look down, make fun of their plight for in doing so we attempt to cover our own abnormalities. We all have them now, some are just not obvious, it's a flaw of our DNA being produced over and over.

Like a copy of a copy our DNA has reproduced again and again until it's not quite as clear and complete as the original.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a weird thing to say "accept someone"

Apr 11, 2019, 2:04 PM [ in reply to That's just it, it is not as unusual as you think to ]

As if a person's existence is a matter of debate.

What we as individuals, and as a society, choose to accept or not are behaviors.

So, like, if you call judging someone "acceptance" of a

Apr 11, 2019, 3:19 PM

behavior (or non-acceptance), then it's fine?

What is judging about not letting

Apr 11, 2019, 4:07 PM

a male complete against girls regardless of what gender they feel like they are.

I'm surprised the feminists aren't going ape #### over it.

GO TIGERS!!

Again, I wasn't talking about those with unusual

Apr 11, 2019, 2:12 PM [ in reply to That's just it, it is not as unusual as you think to ]

medical conditions, anyway. I'll cede to your greater knowledge on the frequency of this occurrence. But I was referring to people who do not have a physical anomaly.

Some people are born blind or deaf or have other such...

Apr 11, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to That's just it, it is not as unusual as you think to ]

'abnormalities,' at birth. I don't look down on them and I don't look down on anyone else who is born with an 'abnormality,'

In fact, I was taught by my grandparents and parents to neither look down upon another nor feel inferior to anyone over how God made me. You all know I'm neither handsome nor intelligent so my upbringing is been dependable and vital to my survival throughout my life.

My thoughts exactly. Years from now our descendants will

Apr 11, 2019, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I really scratch my head over this transgender thing... ]

laugh that we thought almost every non-standard belief was a mental illness EXCEPT the thought that you are actually a different gender than your body indicates.

It’s also fun to watch them trip over themselves both denying social norms and claiming that social norms are a key function of someone’s actual gender.

null

Do you really care what your descendants will think?

Apr 11, 2019, 4:10 PM

I'd bet money your great grandfather could have given a #### what you think about him.

Concern about the opinions of my descendants wasn’t intended

Apr 11, 2019, 5:30 PM

to be the main point if my post. Referencing future generations is more a nod to the idea that this mass hysteria will lift at some point.

null

You need to sit back and watch over the next 10 years or so.

Apr 11, 2019, 11:18 PM [ in reply to My thoughts exactly. Years from now our descendants will ]

Virtually every abnormal behavior will continue to be normalized, with the most socially offensive being labeled diseases.

I’m not sure what psychologists will do in the future. “So doc, today I made love for 8 hours to a peanut butter sandwich while watching a Golden Girls marathon. I don’t want to go to work, my wife left me...what to do?”

“Ignore those bigots. You have Skippy Blancheophilia....if the world doesn’t get it, it’s their problem, not yours. Be strong in your sandwich diddling, don’t use crunchy, and know that this is how everyone in St Olaf does it.”

“Hey Marv...did you hear about Joe? Diagnosed with Kiddieamority. He’s in rehab for two weeks in Arizona”. “Man, never even saw the warning signs that he was into kids.....there but for the grace of God go I”. “Yeah, it could be any of us....we just have to be strong and support him....don’t play any Disney Channel when he’s over for poker night, or we’re being enablers.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "construction" is the (sex) of an individual

Apr 11, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to I really scratch my head over this transgender thing... ]

and is more times than not 'binary' (but this isn't always the case either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome)

but gender is, for lack of a better word, "fluid". It incorporates not only biological definitions of male and female, but also cultural ones and is much more wide open in interpretation and identity. Just look at what we deem to be "masculine" and "feminine" in colors today (boy=blue, girl=pink) and how that has switched in just one or two generations (boy=pink, girl=blue and before that colors were neutral). That's not exactly comparing apples to apples when it comes to explaining things like gender dysphoria where the "self" identifies as something different than the "body" but I mean for it to just show the 'fluidity' of the cultural ideas that already are present (i.e. the norm) in what we consider "gender" and the roles/characteristics that surround that idea.

I think it's weird that we find this stuff so weird in the first place (I'm guilty of this as well) because consciousness, self, and the mind, as concepts, are such weird and unknowable ones that trying to think of what is normal or abnormal with regards to how they express themselves seems...difficult. (usually we think of something as abnormal when it affects quality of life or health)

note: I don't think comparing someone who is confused about what species they are (dolphin vs human) is the same as a human being that's gender and sex don't match.

Dems on GW and God, science science

Apr 11, 2019, 12:01 PM

On this transgender thing. As long as you feel your a chick, go win some track meets and #### standing up in the ladies room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're going to need transgender LeBron James to dominate

Apr 11, 2019, 12:21 PM

women's basketball before someone stops and says, "Wait. This is stupid."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're going to need transgender LeBron James to dominate

Apr 11, 2019, 1:24 PM

Re: 234 out of 235 Dems have lost their minds

Apr 11, 2019, 1:30 PM

another reason they will lose another election come 2020

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll run a dem and I'll vote for...

Apr 11, 2019, 2:42 PM

a 'white nationalist and racist loser.' America has to be fed up with the bullchit coming from the left by now.

I would ask those supporting this...

Apr 11, 2019, 3:46 PM

Is it right, at all, to segregate athletic competition by gender? If you are basing the competition based on what a person "identifies as" and not what they are, physically, then what is the point of separating them at all?

What would be the point of segregation by gender?

what if you identified as mentally disabled...

Apr 11, 2019, 11:19 PM

Could you go get a gold in the special olympics?

Can't we just give trans folks their own league and be done?***

Apr 11, 2019, 5:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't we just give trans folks their own league and be done?***

Apr 11, 2019, 8:57 PM

Damm right. Equal opportunity for all!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that would actually cure their desire to compete in womens

Apr 11, 2019, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Can't we just give trans folks their own league and be done?*** ]

sports, would be competition and less trophies for themselves

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it walks like duck and quacks like a duck...

Apr 11, 2019, 6:16 PM

Nah, but seriously, would they all use the same showers and bathrooms and locker rooms?

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic