Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
031O State Beat Writer Ari Wasserman says on ESPN Radio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

031O State Beat Writer Ari Wasserman says on ESPN Radio

Nov 9, 2019, 11:16 AM

just now that “... Chase Young shouldn't be penalized for borrowing money because NIL will be in effect in a couple years... besides he’s essentially going to be a millionaire in a few months... and it’s sad he needed to borrow the money in the first place.”

Pretty solid justification* and the NCAA should just let him play!

* If you’re a Buckeye!

smh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

they should leave him alone..

Nov 9, 2019, 11:19 AM

lets not pretend that we wouldnt be trashing the ncaa in every post on here if he were a clemson player .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they should leave him alone..

Nov 9, 2019, 11:25 AM

Not so fast. When our guys were suspended for ‘trace amounts of ostarine’, yours truly was not happy. I hoped the appeals and retests, etc., would exonerate them and allow them to play. But when the decision was finalized, I didn’t protest - or post - that this was absurd and the NCAA was full of it.

(of course, I’m not a writer or radio personality, and had no large public media forum)

But I respectfully disagree (concerning myself) with your statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: they should leave him alone..like Brittany??

Nov 9, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to they should leave him alone.. ]

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "we would be upset, too." Really?

Nov 9, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to they should leave him alone.. ]

You know, my memory isn't what it used to be. Maybe you're right.

I remember the last time Clemson intentionally flouted the rules (or more specifically, "exercised inadequate institutional control" over the donors).

It seems to me that we knew we were in the deep doodoo, didn't try to duck it, and didn't try to sugarcoat it by negotiating through the media for a reduced sentence that we would accept without protest.

If I remember correctly, what's burned us all for the last 35+ years was our Conference going to the both unprecedented and unrepeated step of adding to the penalty the NCAA handed down. Our conference was so adamant about our getting caught cheating that they made sure we would hate them all for a generation.

If you're right, and i quietly cursed the NCAA once I finished with the ACC, I'll stand corrected. I don't remember that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 031O State Pres and AD have just orchestrated the NCAA

Nov 9, 2019, 11:21 AM

going ahead on the NIL issue right before this 2 year old act comes out. Coincidence? Yeah right

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tOST...ever the

Nov 9, 2019, 12:32 PM

Trailblazers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tOST...ever the

Nov 9, 2019, 12:55 PM

We deserved the 82-84 probation(as did most other bigtime programs that were ignored) but the addotional ACC penalty and the later one with Danny were BS. McDonalds meal and a recruit tailgating with his hosts parents were 2 of the major violations. And then the ACC not even trying to penalize Swoffies team for bogus classes.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic