Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 12, 2018, 8:11 AM

Friday: Took a half day to make getting to Charlotte for the Dave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore show. It was fantastic.

Saturday: Back to Charlotte for the Dirty Guvs show. They kept saying they were back and this was more than a reunion tour. We shall see. The show was awesome, if not a touch on the loud side. Trying to keep up with the score of the game was more difficult than it needed to be since cell phones weren't working so hot.

Sunday. Lazy morning as we didn't get out o bed until 11 a.m. Went to Fluor Filed far too early for the Charlie Daniels' Band Veterans day celebration. Phone said it was in the high 40s but dang it was cold out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won & the Panthers sucked, but I didn't die

Nov 12, 2018, 8:15 AM

Friday - Spent 4 hours to get from GSP to Clemson. 2 wrecks on 85 so I took 14 through Simpleville. Bad mistake. A wreck on West Georgia Raod had me stuck for over an hour.

Sattidy - football and libations. Cooked up a white bean and ham stew.

Sunday - yard work (leaves) and put up some Christmas decorations. Smoked a pork loin.

8.138/10 because tired from a week in Whorlando

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Do you not waze?

Nov 12, 2018, 8:18 AM

I was on 85 Fri afternoon but worked my way around most of it....15 min delay

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't need to for 85. I could see it flying in.

Nov 12, 2018, 8:21 AM

But the worst was getting stuck on West Ga rd. Nowhere to go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Good

Nov 12, 2018, 8:16 AM

Fri - Watched Ferdinand with McJr
Sat - Hunted in the morning and watch some does, went to in-laws for dinner, home before kickoff and stayed up late
Sun - Church, played dad all afternoon

Friday: Long and muddy. Saw a lot of scrap yards

Nov 12, 2018, 8:29 AM

Saturday: Woke up after 4 hours of sleep. Ran errands with the kids. Drank a lot.

Sunday: Put out corn while the wife and kids went to church. God punished me for it. Four wheeler tire is off the rim. None of the 4 wheel drive trucks are operational. So I had to put out 400 lbs of corn with a ####### hand truck. Got it done. got the stands cleaned out. Got the feeder up and running in a new location. Now waiting on the tags to come in. Relaxed the rest of the day. Drank a lot.

Now for the next part of my year. Hunting a lot to fill up the freezer, drinking a lot to fill up the soul.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Nov 12, 2018, 8:45 AM

Friday - went to AEV Conversions open house. Twas amazing. Good food, beer and car talk.

Saturday - mens breakfast at church, cooked for about 80 dudes starting at 6am. Quick turnaround to head to MSU game, which was the most boring game of all time. Got home just in time to watch the Tigers take care of business. Drank so much I think my liver actually hurt.

Sunday - church late service. raked leaves, cut the grass...yes, there was still a little snow on the ground and it was 28 degrees. Got the yard all cleaned up so I can focus on work all week and get ready for my Super Bowl of meetings next monday and tuesday.

8/10 - good gosh it was a cold weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wife said I had a tiny deck and she needed something bigger

Nov 12, 2018, 8:47 AM

Friday I left work to help my wife and mother take furniture out of my parents upstairs and replace it with my Grandmother's furniture from the garage. This was LOADS of fun. My parents sold my Grandmothers house a few months back but we have been allowed some time to move stuff out. This will not be my last weekend moving crap around. Ate dinner, not sure what, and went to bed.

Saturday up early for an 11 mile run. A little warmer than last weekend so not too bad. Decent pace, decent stamina, need to really start stretching these Sat morning runs into a little longer. Lunch at Nishie G's then off to Lowe's to get lumber for enhancing deck size to please the wife. Current back deck is about 7'x 20' about 6' off the ground. Gonna make a 20x16 deck at ground level for seating, grilling, and other things you do on a nice big deck. Recruit brother to help and we get it boxed in by 4:00. Shower and change clothes, ready to leave for family pictures at 4:15. Damnn I'm quick (TWSS). Pictures are frustrating AF cause kids are asssholes. I think we get a shot or two just as the sun is setting and the frostbite it setting it. Go to Salsarita's for dinner then wife and daughter go shopping while Me and the boys watch the Clemson game. Stress a lot, get over it, and watch the victory. After all this manual labor for her new big deck, the wife decided to surprise me by falling asleep in the lounge chair.

Sunday morning up for church. Do lumber calculations on the back of the church bulletin. Leave early, home for lunch, then back to Lowe's to get more lumber to do joists. Procure lumber with some help from Lowe's workers, load it up and bring it home. Wife takes oldest two to basketball so it is me and the youngest to build a deck. He is 3 and sucks at construction. Get header screwed into masonry which was a real PITA then work on joists. Get about 30% done when brother comes over and we knock it out. Kids get home from basketball and grocery store just as sun goes down and we cook dinner and put kids to bed. Since I worked all weekend on the nice big deck my wife requested, she rewarded me with asking me a question in bed then falling asleep while I was answering.

#Marriage

9/10 cause Clemson won and we have been talking about doing this for a while. Bonus points for not screwing it up too bad so far cause I am an amateur deck builder at best. I am using this as practice for building the deck for my parent's pool this fall/winter. Would be another point if my work would have been a little better appreciated.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of fasteners did you use on the...

Nov 12, 2018, 9:02 AM

header/masonary?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tapcon blue screws. Those are a real beyotch to install.***

Nov 12, 2018, 9:54 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jew got a hammer drill?

Nov 12, 2018, 11:25 AM

makes a whirled of differents

I don't. But I do have a 20v electric screw driver and a

Nov 12, 2018, 1:51 PM

really sore shoulder.

Really good

Nov 12, 2018, 8:49 AM

Friday: Maria was the organizer for her 40th HS reunion. I helped her prep for the evening on Saturday. One of her best friends came in from N.M. and stayed the weekend with us. Her husband has a sarcastic wit and loves a corny joke, so we get along great. There was a lot of eye rolling by the wives. I think they threatened to send us to separate rooms at one point during the weekend.

Saturday: Went to the reunion at the Foothills brewery. I didn't know many people but it was really good to see the ones that I did. Spent most of the evening introducing myself as Mr. Maria. She is the social butterfly so I was pretty much on my own. I had a lot of conversations like this:

Stranger: Your wife is one of the nicest people I have every known and she still looks fantastic!
Me: You're Got Dame right she does.

Tigers won. Nuff said.

Sunday: Work. By the time I got home, we were both wiped out. We ordered some wings, watched a couple of shows and went to bed early. Old people stuff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2018, 8:53 AM

OK. We won, BC lost and had their delusions of grandeur crushed. Too bad for them, hohum for us. No sex, no beer, no chit so I'm OK.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Intense .... Currently SIOAIT

Nov 12, 2018, 8:56 AM

Yardwork, dump visits, BGE'egging, alcohol consumption, football viewing ...

Super laid back

Nov 12, 2018, 8:59 AM

A bit of leaf mulchin and baggin Saturday b4 fball started
Early steak dinner, then settled in for the Ice Bowl
Lazy Sunday watching FalCoots, Neckcar, and Fun west-coast running NFL....
8/10...

I shan't complain. Too much.

Nov 12, 2018, 9:08 AM

Friday, took the day off and got a lot of chores done, ran some errands, hung out with RH Mom for a while, then back home with a Little Caesars's extra most bestest thin crust pizza because cheap, easy, and cut down on the time between me and beers. Watched TV, including LOLUTZville and Syracuse, because who knows when I'll ever get see Robert Patrick Petrino coach another college football game.

Saturday, nephew's son's second birthday party cookout down in the wilds of Chester County. Nephew has built a great little compound down there in the woods. Of course, it's still in Chester but he comes from that hardy Indiana pioneer stock so he may survive it. Home mid-afternoon and went ahead to the grocery store, saw a bunch of people in coot-gear so I figured the coots slipped up and accidentally won, LOLUTZed mightily when I got back in the car headed home and heard the score. Got home and anxiously awaited the crown jewel of Saturday football games, was nervous for a while early on until I realized Wilkins was just going to kill all who dared oppose him. Drank lots of whiskey, forgot to ever eat anything, crashed, and then...

Sunday, woke up with a slight hangovery-type feeling. Not too bad, but it was accentuated by the freezing temperature and the fact that we had lost heat during the night. Called our guy, they came out and said it was a bad inducer motor, which I was fairly sure was the problem before he got there. The good news: Under warranty. The bad news: Parts house not open on Sunday. Spent yesterday and and this morning doing the space heater shuffle like some kind of UDP third world refugees. Luckily, we played LOUD rock and roll Sunday afternoon, so I was comfy and left Mrs. Tig to deal with it since she hails from hardy Indiana pioneer stock. Got home just before 9, watched Walking Dead, applauded Carol like she just took out a BC quarterback, then crashed under a heap of toasty warm blankets.

The weekend was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

I give it a solid 8.90210

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### YOU LEAFS

Nov 12, 2018, 9:25 AM

Spend the better part of 7 hours on Sattidy raking and moving leaves. Breaked for lunch. Woke up this morning and my back is STILL killing me. I won't be able to do this #### when I'm old.

Rewarded myself by cracking open my Founders CBS I acquired a couple of weeks ago. Then threw out grass seed on Sundy since yard was cleared of debris.

I'll give fella's like yourself credit, you have dedication

Nov 12, 2018, 9:38 AM

I often wonder as I ride around on my mower sipping a beer if I'd be willing to put that same kind of effort into my yard if I didn't have machinery to handle the heavy lifting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Caint ride the lawnmower over the strawbeds

Nov 12, 2018, 9:42 AM

Unless you just wanna destroy all the flowers and bushes and other ####. It takes a precision rake job.

Those big, oddly shaped flower beds are for retired people

Nov 12, 2018, 9:47 AM

They'd have to be impossible to keep up for someone who works.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No wonder most of my neighbors are retired...

Nov 12, 2018, 9:58 AM

I gotta ####### move.

For all the bad things about pines like

Nov 12, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to #### YOU LEAFS ]

being fragile and dying and stuff......They produce 0 leaves and make me money.

No leaf blower?***

Nov 12, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to #### YOU LEAFS ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I got 3 actually.

Nov 12, 2018, 11:24 AM

Electric one is for quick blow jobs (lutz). I don't use it anymore.

Stihl 2 cycle hand held I used for the deck, patio, and drive way. Also to blow a little bit out of mulch beds (but it started blowing mulch).

Stihl 2 cycle back pack was Stihl in the box from xmas or birfday present last year. I assembled it afterwards and bought some of that premixed oil gas fuel at lowes. Never tried it before but father-in-law swears by it. He was a maintenance worker for a career and is somewhat handy. But he's also an idiot so there's that.

It was great.....

Nov 12, 2018, 10:02 AM

Friday. Wife and sister went to Craft Show in Cootlumbia.
Rained. Stayed home. Party on. Made shrimp broccoli alfredo in Instant Pot. Delicious. Friday night B&L beat Columbia. Central next.

Saturday. Granddaughters came down and we all went to Shealy's BBQ and had lunch. Came home watched Coots lose. Had nap after yutes left. Watched Tigers whip BC.

Sunday watched soccer until watching Man City whip Man U. Stupid Jose still has a job. Then watched Falcons and Patriots lose. Made two quiche for supper. Watched God Friended Me. Then more football. Cowboys win. Jobs saved momentarily.

Monday party continues. Tonight is more football and spaghetti night.

Wife begins chemo and radiation treatments Wednesday morning. If you pray please pray for her. This cancer appears to be caught early enough. They will shrink it then trip to Charleston for surgery to remove.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kids be EXPENSIVE but still 9/10

Nov 12, 2018, 10:04 AM

Friday, Uneventful Had feetball practice in the cold. 10 yr old did pretty good. Ate at Chicora Alley and settled in for the cold winters night.

13 yr old birfday.

Just took him to see Venom. eh pretty good

expensive candy, expensive coke, expensive popcorn, expensive ticket.

Then went to Academy for sports stuff.

13yr old SIZE 13 shoe WHAT?! need new kicks for basketball tryouts

10yr old needs Allstar feetball uniform. Of course they cant wear the black pants he wore during season. Incidentally, he OUTGREW his others during the season so now we have THREE pair. Throw in long sleeve compression shirt for cold weather games next week and BOOM $185 later. And thats just Saturday.

Stopped by Publix and picked up wings, chicken and other tailgate food for the game. Built fire and watched the game.

Sunday. Now 10 yr old needs basketball shoes. F to the M to the L !!!! $80 later, we now are outfitted for the friggin olympics.

Came home grilled out and relaxed to bing watch a netflix show .. settled on "Bodyguard" which was pretty decent. Bunch of Brits though.

Now its cold, its raining and ITS MONDAY

Mine was pretty good..

Nov 12, 2018, 11:04 AM

Friday night I worked my catering job and we did a 500 person sit down dinner for Former pres Jommy Carter.
Lots of Secret Service and VIPs. One of the secret service guys had on an orange tie..
Of course, I spoke to him and said “I like that tie, I am a Clemson fan.. “ He just smiled and that was it..
Anyway, was a pretty cool night.

Got to simpsonville at 245am.. slept a bit then woke up and watched Gameday.. went and grabbed a Bloody Mary and watched the Florida game.. went back to the house and had a few beers and prepared for the Clemson game.
Sunday.. just took it easy all day-and today I’m off work.

Hope you all had a great weekend as well!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, let me tell you about my weekend

Nov 12, 2018, 11:14 AM

Friday, not much of anything really. Cooked up some chili and baked my cornbread in my cast iron pan the way God intended, and it tasted the way God intended it to.

Saturday, did the weekend Costco run, and that ish turned out expensive. Stocked up the liquor and wine shelf of the pantry, with a few edibles so the cashier didn't think I was raising a family of alcoholics. Wife started finalizing lilmissgrouching's 6th birthday party extravaganza, which apparently she needs because she is in kindergarden and all the cool kids are doing it. I personally am allowing it, because the more new friends she gets from school, the less time I'll have to spend around my wife's friends and their kids, both of whom irritate me to no end and I hate being around (adults, not the kids). Watched Christian Wilkens show the world that if he can't play QB, then he won't allow anyone to play QB (hope that kid is alright). Lilmissgrouching actually decided she wanted to watch a game and dared entered the mancave. She feel asleep on the couch and I was forced to whisper my approval at the many fine plays made by the team, while staying annoyed ETN did not get 20 carries.

Sunday, few odds and ends, but moved slow due to bourbon the previous evening. Went for a bike ride, but about a mile and a half in, tire caught some debris from tree trimmings and blew out. Long walk of shame back to the house.

7.47/10. Will try harder next weekend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Nov 12, 2018, 12:43 PM

Thanks

Lots of good news this weekend.

Wife got new job, stepdaughter got new job, stepdaughter moved out (praise Mothra!), Tigers win, put offer in on house, lots of seggxxx, lots of beer (maybe a little too much Saturday night). Was a good weekend. 10/10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

10/10 no tigers suffered frostbite***

Nov 12, 2018, 12:54 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did about 8 miles along the New River Trell near Fries

Nov 12, 2018, 1:05 PM

Vuhginia. It was freezing in Fries. And no, fries was not invented there interestingly.

Nov 12, 2018, 1:07 PM

Pretty good

Friday after work I don't recall at all what I did

Saturday I got up early cooked breakfast and TOTE1 Jr to the barber to get his haircut. He hasn't done anything with his hair besides wash it since May. Its a fuggin mess. He had his 1st ever job interview Saturday afternoon. Came home looking like a rock star. Watched the Coots destroy Florida for just over half of a game. Loaded up the car and went to gf's house to watch the Clemson game and cook dinner.

Sunday I got up before dawn to go take pics then laid my ace around the house all freaking day. Like I got nothing accomplished yesterday. Not even sure I took a shower until this morning.

beer, ball and booty! no boat, bike or bbq

Nov 12, 2018, 1:52 PM

sav82wife decided that "we" needed to repaint the master bedroom, by "we" she meant me, which is fine because it went faster without help ;) painting requires a lot of beer like bbqing. finish up in time saturday to watch the tiger's game. finished up sunday after church. she rewarded my efforts.

Rewarded?

Nov 12, 2018, 1:56 PM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10/10......Tigers Won!......’Nuff Said

Nov 12, 2018, 3:52 PM

Oh......and NYC was great but the foot is killing me. Being there over Veterans Day weekend was also great. They do it up right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect 5/7

Nov 12, 2018, 4:55 PM

Friday: Met the new gf's parents. Went to Disney and had a lot of fun. Didn't mention that inside their daughter is actually the happiest place on earth.

Satiday: Worked in the AM, hit the gym, came home to watch the end of the coot blowup and our beatdown. Cooked some chicken wings.

Sunday: Grilled out. It was lovely.

inside their daughter?? would you

Nov 12, 2018, 5:04 PM

compare it to Space Mountain, or It's a Small World?

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Nov 12, 2018, 5:10 PM

Or Pirates of the Caribbean because:

1. you get wet when you're in the front.
2. "We want the redhead."
3. A plethora of booty
4. I was in there a lot during my Jamaican Caribbean vacation.

hth

Nov 12, 2018, 6:03 PM

F-S: Uwharrie Veterans Ride. Camped and wheeled all weeekend with my son and friends. Showed him what a real #### hero looks like. They let him get involved in the festivities....he had a blast. Really good event for a great cause. Not too much damage to the Jeep this time. Probably 2 evenings of work to recover and put her in hunting mode for the rest of the year.

9.5/10

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Twas a good un'

Nov 13, 2018, 7:58 AM

Friday: I NEVER remember what I do on Fridays.

Saturday: up early, got scokker down in the Ville of Summer. Literally get off on 199A, pull over and see a car with Arizona plates. COULD THIS BE A RARE 19B® SIGHTING ? As I pass the car look over and SON I HAS A DISSAPPOINT, it's a hipster for sure, but short and skinny and no PEN15. Oh well, head to the field, win match, take a chill in Publix, because, subs. Head back and lose second game.

MauldinT be:

Watched football after getting home.

Sunday: took the offspring to her scokker game, in GOD-FORSAKEN LEXINGTON. One day, I am going to write a book about my travels, it will be titled, "Getting off on 19B and other pleasures in SC." Head over to my game, that we won. We played by the place ryanadidas works at, today is his birthday and we won. Coincidence ? Yes.

Back home, watched football, ate and fell asleep, very early.

Monday: off because holiday, did a lot of errands in the cold November rain.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic