Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Diondre Overton, Frank Ladson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

With Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Diondre Overton, Frank Ladson

Oct 9, 2018, 10:07 AM

and Joe Ngata all 6'3" or taller, the question emerges - who runs the point? That's a basketball team at wide receiver. Tough to defend that bunch. I haven't seen Ladson and Ngata live, but Ross is the quickest and fastest of the bunch. I would go with him. (Or bring in Kendrick or Rodgers off the bench).

Next year, with Lawrence at QB, Etienne, Dixon and Mellusi(same explosive acceleration as Etienne and Dixon) at running back, Braden Galloway(and Jaylen Lay) at TE and all of those basketball players at wide receiver, we are going to be a fun team to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Tee Higgins, Justyn Ross, Diondre Overton, Frank Ladson

Oct 9, 2018, 10:12 AM

Feaster behind ETN. Then Dixon and Chez

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 10:15 AM

With such incredible depth, I almost start to feel bad for the guys that don't get much playing time for what it will do to their NFL draft stock. I think that the amount of success that our WR's have had in the NFL during the tenures of Dabo and Jeff Scott will help the NFL scouts to look deeper at a lot of our WR's even if they haven't had as much playing time. I could see everyone of those guys making it to the NFL, which would rival our 2012 team that had Sammy, Nuk, Humphries, Bryant, Jaron Brown, and Charone Peake.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we find an offensive line.***

Oct 9, 2024, 11:49 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

???? We lose 2. We have 5 rising seniors and 2 rising

Oct 9, 2018, 10:43 AM

juniors along with rising sophomore Jackson Carman, the #2 offensive tackle recruit in the nation who each have or will have lots of playing time under their belts.

We should be very good on the offensive line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 10:23 AM

I think we will likely see us use more 4 WR sets next year than in the past. We've already seen more 4 WR sets this year that are able to get Higgins and Ross on the field at the same time. In the past we've typically used our TE to split out wide as the 4th WR, and we've even seen Gallman line up wide on occasion.

It's going to be tough to choose who sees the field at the same time next year, but in a 3 WR set, I could see Rodgers moving into the slot to take over for Renfrow, Higgins staying at the boundary, and Ross playing the field WR position due to his speed. If Rodgers stays out the field WR instead of moving to the slot, I'm curious who we would move into that position with so many guys to choose from. I'm not sure anyone will ever be able to replace Renfrow's 3rd down reliability to catch everything in his zip code regardless of how talented they are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic