Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The weather was good, the course was great and the time together was
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,451

The weather was good, the course was great and the time together was

Feb 11, 2024, 8:40 AM

awesome!! If you had your money on Skeeta56®, you were a winner. He kept making clutch shots while claiming he had never hit a certain iron that far in his life, ;). TigerHawk76® was a very close second and I was a distant third. 2000® was right as MfOjr. had his mind somewhere else. Skeeta had the shot of the day, holing out from off the green but TH76 countered with the longest putt from about 60 feet away. I was not able to muster anything as I found just about every tree and bunker on the course. Truth be told, I stubbed my right, little toe a few weeks ago causing a lot of discomfort. ;) I'm heading to the practice range as soon as possible hoping to redeem myself for the next grudge match!!

Hartsville Country Club is great and challenging. Golfers are encouraged to stop by and enjoy this fine course.

If and when you play HCC and your ball is in the woods and you find a few Bridgestones, please return them. I had to borrow from MfOjr's bag to finish the round!

Have a great day Tiger fans!!

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The weather was good, the course was great and the time together was

Feb 11, 2024, 8:49 AM

Congrats Skeeta56 on your victory! Sounds like fun was had by all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2024, 8:54 AM

Skeeta was money with his irons, especially a pin-seeking 4 iron that bored into the wind. MFO can bomb it, often outdriving Skeeta and me despite playing from a tee box behind ours. I birdied the last hole and that’s all I’ll say about my round. The rust was flaking off the whole day.

A great time was had by all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 11, 2024, 9:56 AM

Ah man ! You let me down - I just knew you had them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2024, 5:17 PM

Sorry pal. The short game is the first to go away and the last to come back after a layoff. I'll get 'em next time.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Great post MYFO.....I tell all my golfing friends that if I played a round with

Feb 11, 2024, 8:59 AM

them...the only time they would see me would be on the tee box and the green.....so...I'll stick to flipping jigs....plus, in golf...you either make a hole in one or you don't....in fishing...a 7 and three quarter pounder is EASILY an EIGHT!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great post MYFO.....I tell all my golfing friends that if I played a round with

Feb 12, 2024, 8:11 PM

I'm of the mind of Spud, fishing for me is something that I use to could do, but it takes a lot less time to get your flip or your cast back on track and out of the trees a lot quicker than you can regain your golf swing back!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update. Since I can't get out there and stripe it down the middle

Feb 11, 2024, 9:33 AM

of a tree anymore, I have to live vicariously through any golfing post that shows up on the TNets.

:)

Feb 11, 2024, 11:17 AM

Nicely done gentlemen! And congratulations on first place Skeeta56®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I never realized Skeeta was a sandbagger.....I had this image of him sitting in

Feb 11, 2024, 11:48 AM

a $3,000 dollar Lazyboy, watching golf on 5 or 6 different tv's at the same time and KEEPING ALL OF US UP TO DATE.

Feb 11, 2024, 12:13 PM

Congratulations Skeeta56®.

I think I missed one important detail about the game (at least important to me when it comes to golf). Did y’all enjoy a few cold beers along the way? For me, golf is more of an opportunity to spend a few hours outside drinking beer with friends than anything else.

One of us did . . .

Feb 11, 2024, 12:36 PM

rhettfla

And all of us did after the round . . . I wish Spud ‘s image of me was true and TigerHawk76® is the most gracious host!!!

MyfavOrange® will get his revenge when we head to his home course in Chesterfield.

Time together is where all winners live!!! Thanks for the memories TIGERS!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of us did . . .

Feb 11, 2024, 12:50 PM

Sounds like yesterday was a good day for all of you. I won't ask if any money exchanged hands but my golf game was so bad, I would only play for a Pepsi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of us did . . .

Feb 11, 2024, 12:53 PM [ in reply to One of us did . . . ]

TigerHawk76® is a great host! Always had fun at his tailgates too! We are still trying to figure out what we are going to do this year. We’ve been off campus for a few years and we are thinking about trying to find a spot in lot 2 but I doubt we can find one as good as his was.

I will do some checking for you Wednesday

Feb 11, 2024, 1:10 PM

I know I guy who knows a guy with a couple of spots he sells each season - one was real close to TigerHawk76's spot . He had that one 3 years ago but moved to another one in the shade along the fence across from Fike. Will get him to check on the availability of the other one.

But you know how it goes when a guy you know knows a guy who knows a guy!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had to smile MFO when reading your golf post since it

Feb 11, 2024, 1:34 PM

reminded me a bit why I quit golf even after having full membership at the fine Greenville SC Country Club which also included their 2nd course..the sterling Chanticleer course.

Between trees & sand traps & making deep divots I was never going to be a decent golfer..

so simply played 9 holes after hours with my then 8-11 year old Son with a box of Cheezits & a cola..

and unreally waited years b/4 playing their Chanticleer course which in 1981 was ranked #100 course in U.S. I believe.

Ha..but so glad you young TN buddies use golf as another magnet for fun & fellowship.

Go TiGERS..Jeep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LBB, this is a true story. My dad coached Lefty in middle school in Duncan, SC.

Feb 12, 2024, 8:44 PM

Anyway, I got to know Lefty when I was about 20 because some of my friends dad's were members at GCC. Anyway, we would go walk Chanitcleer on Mondays and Lefty would give me stuff sometimes. Anyway, one Monday I went over and played with Lefty by myslef, not even being a member. We played the back nine and I teed off on 10, and hooked it down in the woods by the pond. I had a terrible shot trying to get back to where I could even get to the green, and LEFTY yelled out, "What the heck are you gonna use down there?"...... And I yelled back," A PURPLE WORM"...and I pulled one of those little Ronco Ronamatic 2 foot long fishing rods from my bag and tossed it out there. I immediately felt a tap and so I set the hook....That fish was jumping and splashing all over the place and I thought Tommy was gonna have a heart attack! He yelled,"Black!!! Cut that thing loose and come on..you're gonna get me fired!!!"...........

......Boys, the moral of that story is ...."You just can't take a redneck anywhere".

Spud

P.S Lefty and Tommy are the same person. Tommy Mullinax. A great fella that passed away way too early in life.

Re: I will do some checking for you Wednesday

Feb 12, 2024, 8:18 PM [ in reply to I will do some checking for you Wednesday ]

Yep, I do understand well how those deals go, they are usually screwed from jump street!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will do some checking for you Wednesday

Feb 13, 2024, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I will do some checking for you Wednesday ]

That sounds great. Let me know what you find out.

Feb 11, 2024, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The weather was good, the course was great and the time together was ]

Harrumph!!! Harrumph!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: Sounds like a great time had by all. Thanks for the refreshing post

Feb 12, 2024, 9:19 AM

We sometimes forget about the little things that mean the most.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2024, 9:40 AM

The Tnet open ??? I played on Saturday shot a 49 on 9. My drives weren't great but hit some nice Texas wedge shots. Im great with wedge in the yard and suck when I'm green side. I plan to go back out on Wednesday and play then school season starts next Monday.

Feb 12, 2024, 8:03 PM

A man with a banged up pinky toe shouldn't be expected to have a good game, especially in Golf where the position of your feet is one of the biggest parts of the GAME of dimple ball!!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,451
Tiger Boards - The Amphitheatre
add New Topic