Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
defensive against nc state
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,276

defensive against nc state

Oct 15, 2018, 12:16 AM

I'm sure BV is pining for my expert opinion, but I'm going to give my from the couch opinion anyway.

NC state has a solid O -line and Finley is accurate and is crafty at reading defensive set-ups.

He reads the defensive set up and potential blitzes and throws quick short passes. When we give him time, he can throw some deeper routes.

The first priority is shutting down their running game. Which I expect shouldn't be much of a problem.

Keep the ball in front of you. Our LB's and safety's should not over pursue, let the D-line do what they do.

Be unpredictable with some blitzes,bring some occasional CB blitzes with the safety taking care of the coverage.

If our offense performs as I expect them to, NC state will become 1 dimensional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: defensive against nc state

Oct 15, 2018, 12:34 AM

we also need to make sure we execute, keep good pad level, play with leverage, shoot gaps, press their receivers , shed blocks, stunt our tackles, intercept the ball, occasionally drop our ends into coverage, and sack the QB. I think if we do all these things well, we win this one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 12:55 AM

Shutdown #3, #11, #25 and we’ll win.

Oct 15, 2018, 1:14 AM

shutout the wolfpack and we might have a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 2:03 AM

and no turnovers

Y'all ALL forgot ...."Play within ourselves".***

Oct 15, 2018, 7:36 AM

Oct 15, 2018, 6:46 AM

I watched a good bit of the BC @ NCSU game. State's short passing game seems to be their main threat. This will be hard to stop because the passes are generally delivered well before the D-line can put any pressure on the QB.

Tight press coverage then with safeties over the top!***

Oct 15, 2018, 6:58 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 10:24 AM

I'm not down playing this game at all. Especially after how this game has gone the past few years, but to be honest, their team is pretty much already one-dimensional. Etienne has more rushing yards and TD's in 100 less carries than their entire team!!!!

Finley is definitely a great QB, as someone mentioned, a strong press coverage should slow them down.

As far as State's defense. Their run defense has good numbers but against who? BC was their best win and BC didn't have AJ Dillon, who is their workhorse.

I definitely feel like our depth on both sides of the ball will allow us to pull away in the 3rd quarter. But that's just my opinion....

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,276
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic