Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Strange Looking Yellow Jello
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,061

Strange Looking Yellow Jello

May 22, 2018, 8:33 PM

While making some of my secret recipe pimento cheese spread today, I was reminded of an event that happened about 12 years ago. One of my grandsons was attending The Citadel. He brought three of his Citadel friends to a Tiger football game and my wife and I had made arrangements for them to come by the house for a brunch. All of his three friends were from the Northeast. My wife had prepared a lot of goodies and I had made my regular pimento cheese spread. The boys dug in and seemed to enjoy all of the goodies, but only my grandson had some of the pimento cheese spread.

A day or two later, my grandson called and thanked us for having his friends stop by. He laughed and said he wanted to tell us a story. After leaving the house and on the way to the game, his friends asked him what was that strange looking yellow jello. He told them it was not jello, it was his Papa Joe's pimento cheese spread. None of his three friends had ever had pimento cheese spread.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strange Looking Yellow Jello

May 22, 2018, 9:37 PM

Poor Yankee boys don't know what they missed. Anyone that take the time to make pimento cheese spread at home surely does the South proud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strange Looking Yellow Jello

May 22, 2018, 9:40 PM

D A M N Yankee's, to this day still don't know what some of the best foods in this country are. I can't imagine someone not eating grits with over easy eggs!!! D a m n Yankee's they are!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a shame there’s no good food north of Raleigh***

May 22, 2018, 10:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,061
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic