Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If and when we play Alabama.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,467

If and when we play Alabama.

Oct 15, 2018, 3:05 AM

I recall that in our game against Bama last year that Saban played an extra offensive lineman to negate the strength of our defensive line. It obviously worked. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him do it again this year. With that in mind I think instead of our normal 5 offensive linemen, a tight end, 3 receivers, and the quarterback/running back we should try something similar, but that is pretty much another conversation for another day. I’m not the coach and know that the water boys/girls may know as much about football schemes as I do. So, later on that.

What I want to talk about is the monster that is Alabama’s offense with Tua versus just an average, one dimensional quarterback, who we only have to worry about running the ball, handing the ball off, or hitting quick slants, screens etc. hey

We need to put pressure on Tua. If we can pressure him, disrupt his game, and maybe shake him up and let him see what it feels like to get hit by some linebackers and DLmen FG as big as the ones he faces in the SEC and in practice. Add to that- a defensive end that will play like his hair is on fire, who is fast as lightening, and doesn’t mind hitting hard and fast or getting hit hard and fast. My idea is to play 5 defensive linemen against Bama and sacrifice either a linebacker or a DB. Imagine this. We play our normal 4 linemen of Wilkins, Lawrence, Bryant, and Ferrell, but we play another defensive end on Tua’s blind side. It has to be someone that is fast, hits like a freight train, and could possibly get to Tua enough and let him see a few plays from his back and make him a little gunshy to sit back in the pocket and pick our secondary apart completion by completion and ruin the confidence of of our secondary. We all know that if Tua is given time it will be as bad as or worse than last year.

The extra DE? Xavier Thomas. Imagine trying to block Austin Bryant/Clelin and Xavier Thomas coming from the same side. All 3 are quick, but Thomas, even though he has let experience would be a nightmare. I think this would really disrupt Alabama on offense and that it should be something done most of the night or the entire night. We have the talent and depth to do this and hopefully get some solid hits in on Tua. Xavier could also move around a little if he sees that it looks like a run is about to take place.

If we find ourselves voted upon for another shot in the playoffs, I like this idea. Bama will throw everything they have at us and I believe we may have to be a little unorthodox in our scheme to take away any of their strengths.

Thought, critiques, or ideas?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If and when we play Alabama.

Oct 15, 2018, 3:13 AM

If and when we play Alabama, I'll go back and read this. Until then N.C.State is the only game in town.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If and when we play Alabama.

Oct 15, 2018, 5:58 AM

I like your thought here but it’d be tough to make it work unless there’s a definite passing situation. If you take a LB out of the formation just for a pass rush you make yourself more susceptible to the Alabama run game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Artisosoalive has the secret to beating bammer. He'll

Oct 15, 2018, 6:57 AM

release it as the season go on, thanks for the article tho....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,467
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic