Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you know what would happen if we lost 40% of our football starters?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Do you know what would happen if we lost 40% of our football starters?

Feb 21, 2018, 10:03 PM

We would lose. Especially when playing against teams in the top half of the conference.

Most of you complaining about Brownell and our basketball team probably haven’t thought about it that way, have you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I agree with you

Feb 21, 2018, 10:13 PM

We are in a very tough spot the recent injuries this late in the season. VT is a good offensive team and would be a difficult win even at full strength. This CU team needs to get healthy quick and all the fans relax a bit. The sun will rise tomorrow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you know what would happen if we lost 40% of our football starters?

Feb 21, 2018, 10:15 PM

Depends on what 40% but I get what you’re saying, however at this point and time we might could lose that in fb because we’ve got depth and backups. Obviously not the case in bball... but point taken.

Still disappointed because the game was there for the taking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, we couldn’t even beat Syracuse and that was only without our starting QB.

Feb 21, 2018, 10:20 PM

And Syracuse was awful.

I consider Mitchell to be our second best player (after Reed), and Grantham was probably third best although your could maybe make an argument for DeVoe.

Very significant losses regardless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Well, we couldn’t even beat Syracuse and that was only without our starting QB.

Feb 22, 2018, 9:48 AM

I understand you're a big clemson hoops fan but you're very wrong if you didn't believe Donte to be our best player this year. From a leadership standpoint, scoring, defending, rebounding, etc. he was our top guy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, we couldn’t even beat Syracuse and that was only without our starting QB.

Feb 22, 2018, 12:27 PM

I always thought Reed was our best player, he's the go to on offense and is great at scoring the ball.

Donte was of course a solid #2 due to the intangibles you mentioned and the matchups he could get due to his size.

That all being said, it's all about the point position in college basketball, that's why after Grantham went down we still played at a high level aside from the UVA game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you know what would happen if we lost 40% of our football starters? ]

We lost our QB and lost to 4-8 Syracuse!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 21, 2018, 10:20 PM

A weak finish should mean short extension at best and a low buyout. Even with injuries, I expect more. He’s not a great coach.

What was he supposed to do differently tonight?

Feb 21, 2018, 10:25 PM

Players have to make plays. It’s not Brownell’s fault that we shot 30% on free throws tonight.

Re: What was he supposed to do differently tonight?

Feb 21, 2018, 10:36 PM

I know, and you’re spot on. He’s also not responsible for Gabe going 1-7 until he was hit a couple at the end, nor could have stopped Spencer from going 0-6... or could he.

Here’s my question- why not try and play Thomas Skara and Donnal at the same time instead of playing Spencer for 25 minutes and Donnal 9 minutes. Donnal gives us a better scoring threat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2018, 10:40 PM [ in reply to What was he supposed to do differently tonight? ]

I'm sorry, but there is nothing in our offensive scheme that would threat a defense, especially the good ones.

Throwing it around the perimeter and then trying to make a 3-pointer is not a good plan/scheme.

Some of our fans whined about not getting the foul calls, but they didn't realize that it's difficult to get fouls called on the other team if they don't even have any contact against you.

Those fans can keep pointing at 1 or 2 or 3 instances where Clemson should have gotten the calls.

You just don't get it.

Until our program (and fans) stop making excuses, we'll continue to be a mediocre program.

Talk to Dabo sometimes. He doesn't make any excuses about referees or calls or even injuries.

Feb 21, 2018, 10:48 PM

Well said Tigerstripe. Well said- Dabo took full responsibility for the cuse loss. What is it he always says, doesn’t matter who’s in there playing, there shouldn’t be a drop off.

Brownell doesn't make excuses either.***

Feb 22, 2018, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: What was he supposed to do differently tonight? ]

Most of them just don't care***

Feb 21, 2018, 10:33 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We'd beat $CU by only 14 points.***

Feb 21, 2018, 10:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Not sure I believe you. I believe we'd be more like how Duke

Feb 21, 2018, 11:11 PM

is playing now w/o Bagley. Amazing what having quality depth does to a program.

Feb 21, 2018, 11:17 PM

I know what happens when we lose our quarterback..

Cold Stout steps in for the GOAT and beats Sooner U...?

Feb 21, 2018, 11:20 PM

handily mind you or did you has something else in mind?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cold Stout steps in for the GOAT and beats Sooner U...?

Feb 21, 2018, 11:31 PM

Nice volley and touche

Evening Exsi, I see the game is afoot...

Feb 21, 2018, 11:32 PM

Have a great one all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Evening Exsi, I see you the game is afoot...

Feb 21, 2018, 11:46 PM

Evening my friend. Guess we'll just overlook Georgia tech and Syracuse..

I don't overlook anything, which explains my helpful post...

Feb 22, 2018, 9:32 AM

;)

Good morning to each and all.

true story ^^***

Feb 21, 2018, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Cold Stout steps in for the GOAT and beats Sooner U...? ]

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

We could lose all four starting receivers

Feb 21, 2018, 11:34 PM

and we'd still win most of our games...'cause we are LOADED.

The same receivers who were mostly inconsistent all year?***

Feb 22, 2018, 10:12 PM

Misspelled "all of our games"***

Feb 23, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to We could lose all four starting receivers ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This team (and BB) can't catch a break

Feb 22, 2018, 7:59 AM

Sucks. Here's hoping Mitchell comes back and we finish strong...

Feb 22, 2018, 8:37 AM

We would RELOAD!!!
Just kidding, I get your point.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:38 AM

Coot logic.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:42 AM

YOU KNOW A LOT ABOUT COOTS.

Feb 22, 2018, 8:47 AM

A LOT OF GOOBERS ON THIS BOARD NEEDED TO HEAR COACHES INTERVIEW ON WCCP RIGHT NOW.

We would just reload.

Feb 22, 2018, 10:05 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Or we would lose to 4-8 Syracuse

Feb 22, 2018, 10:13 PM

and get our butts handed to us by Alabama.

Oh wait, we were mostly at full strength for both of those games.

Again, I'm talking about being without 40% of our football starters. We would struggle big time against the top teams in the ACC in that scenario. The point is that even the most talented teams will have major issues losing that much talent and production.

Solid post***

Feb 22, 2018, 10:32 PM

Feb 23, 2018, 6:40 AM

Tigernet boards would be full of people questioning the strength and conditioning coaches again?

Ha ha. We do that every year now almost, right?

Feb 23, 2018, 6:52 AM

And come back and win all over again?

But sure - we've lost an unreal amount of talent and production - hope we heal up in the next week or so.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic