Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Atlanta Braves - Does anyone else cringe when they bring in Iglesias in the 9th!
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 701

Atlanta Braves - Does anyone else cringe when they bring in Iglesias in the 9th!

Apr 25, 2024, 9:10 AM

I tell my wife we are about to see another good pitching performance get wasted when he comes in. He gets a save most of the time but it never is easy and when he blows he really sucks! Last night I listened to Snitker make excuses for him and laughed. If I was the manager he never would have given up 4 straight hits in the 9th. Minter has better stuff! Reynaldo has pitched his #### off and got 2 no decisions in games he should have wins!

Message was edited by: ISpeakTheTruth®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Atlanta Braves - Does anyone else cringe when they bring in Iglesias in the 9th!

Apr 25, 2024, 9:30 AM

Yes, he's a mediocre closer. Came in and gave up three straight base hits last night with a 3-1 lead. Gave up 2 earned runs, which could have been more without great defense behind him making plays.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Atlanta Braves - Does anyone else cringe when they bring in Iglesias in the 9th!

Apr 25, 2024, 1:27 PM

He was tied for 8th in league in saves with Josh Hader @ 33 last season. I wouldn’t consider that mediocre. MUCH better than average.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2024, 11:37 AM

You may cringe when he comes in, but he is better than you think he is.

The blown save last night snapped a streak of 7 straight appearances with a save and was only his second outing all year allowing a run (10 appearances.)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2024, 11:43 AM

Not as much as I do when they bring in AJ Minter...it must just be me though, cuz 95% of the games I've watched him pitch over the last several seasons he always seems to blow a lead or give up more runs and walks.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2024, 3:46 PM

I swear every time I watched Minter last season he fell apart. Only a month into this season, but he does seem better so far. We'll see if that continues.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:05 PM

Iggy and Minter have both been great to start the season, Jimenez is the one on a hot streak currently, he’s been lights out. Bullpen is set up nice right now for Snit to pick the matchup he wants. Chavez/Lee can eat multiple innings, Bummer is the ground ball guy, Johnson/Matzek curveball/slider combo, Jimenez/Minter for the 7th and 8th, then have Iggy close it out.

Apr 25, 2024, 3:54 PM

Love watching Joe Jimenez pitch. He always brings the heat. And Pierce Johnson? He was more than a pleasant surprise from the trade with the Rockies. Big fan of him.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:38 PM

Not really. The last few before him - YES

Apr 25, 2024, 1:36 PM

Not as much as I cringed when Will Smith was the closer a few years back!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cringed with

Apr 25, 2024, 2:33 PM

Kimbrell. He gets it done, but the heart suffers! Watched him yesterday with the O's...nothing's changed except his man-bun addition! Oh, and the save!

Apr 25, 2024, 2:45 PM

To be fair, Olson booted a play to give up 2 runs.

Not really. But, can you spell...

Apr 25, 2024, 3:30 PM

....Kenley Jansen? Oh boy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Apr 25, 2024, 4:00 PM

Great last season but we need a bonified lock down closer cause he ain't it.

I don't.... but some of the great ones struggle every now and again....***

Apr 25, 2024, 8:12 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 701
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic